Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... I am new to this forum. I have struggled with anxiety and depression for a long time now. I have been feeling in a rut lately and went to see my family doctor. He spouted off a few different meds, but then settled on giving me samples of Luvox. Has anyone ever been on this medication?? If so how did Luvox work out for you and any major side effects? I have been feeling very tired, unmotivated, and major lack of energy for a long time now... I hope this medication won't make me feel worse! I am very apprehensive to try this medication, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
676 Posts
No need to be apprehensive. None of us will know whether a med will work well for us or not till we try it. No amount of reading others' experiences with the med will predict how the med will work for you.

Luvox helped me with depression pretty well but not a lot with anxiety.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
@LostAgain: Kurt is right: We often get questions like this, but in the end you have to try the medication for a long enough time @ a high enoug dose to see how you react to it. Luvox is an SSRI and can help both with depression and anxiety. If it helps with these, but you are still tired and need more energy or if you have side effects like SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction, your doctor/Pdoc can add Wellbutrin XL to help with that.

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm surprised that you were given Luvox actually...I was on it about 8 years ago. It's an old medication and there have been so many newer, better ones introduced since. I know... this one made me want to sleep ALL the time too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to here, but i have a question about the luvox, i just found out that my ex put my 12 yr old on it and i have seen online where it has not been studied for under 18...help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts