Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to take Luvox and I think it really has some potential against anxiety and depression. It's noticeably different than any of the other SSRI I have taken. I believe its the sigma-1 receptor agonism. I don't believe any other SSRI has that property. Zoloft has sigma-1 one antagonism I think, but that's the opposite.

I believe due to the sigma-1 properties, I feel much better than with the other SSRI. I feel much calmer. My mind isn't ruminating or obsessing about fear and anxiety. I also do not feel depressed. I feel rather good. I always felt about the same with the other SSRI's I've tried (Prozac, Cymbalta, Lexapro, Viibryd), but this one seems different.

I think Luvox might be a good med to try for anxiety and depression.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2699655/

·
Lateralus
2,614 Posts
Shockingly, I have yet to notice any positive effects from Luvox. You and I started on the same day, didn't we?

I'm going all the way up to 300 mg.

Today is my last day at 100 mg, then I'm going up to 200 for four days, then after that 300 mg.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
^It hasn't kicked in yet for me either, but since I don't have any side effect issues I'll push it to the max dose and give it the usual 6 weeks at least.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Luvox is what I call SSRI #5. It was substantially the same as SSRI #1, #2, #3, #4, and #6. All were total failures, despite the lovely cheerleading by my former pdoc who shook his pompoms with great enthusiasm when telling me how #5 would be totally unlike the prior four epic failures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts