Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt kind of light headed today so I checked my BP and it was 110/65 with 52 heart rate, this wasn’t the first time I check it and it was this low and its making me really scared. I had 24hrs halter monitor and echocardiogram done about a year ago and everything was fine…but I don’t really trust doctors much. :/

Im just curious if this is a symptom of depression and constant anxiety, anyone here with similar symptoms and unable to find a reason?

·
herp derp
2,347 Posts
This may not be a good post but last time I went to the doctor, they found out I had low blood pressure and told me to eat more salt so I'm guessing it's due to not eating enough salt?

Edit: Just did a quick google search and there doesn't seem to be a clear link to low blood pressure and depression or anxiety.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
This may not be a good post but last time I went to the doctor, they found out I had low blood pressure and told me to eat more salt so I'm guessing it's due to not eating enough salt?
Yeah, I've heard of the consuming more salt method as an easy way to increase BP if you're on some med that causes your BP to go excessively low.

This certainly isn't a common problem. The FDA recommendation of no more than 2.5 grams of salt is a joke when nearly the entire population exceeds that. With the huge amounts of sodium often found in processed food it's very easy to go way over that without ever having to sprinkle salt on anything yourself.

My brother used to get rejected for plasma donation sometimes because his top number was less than their required 90. He'd pace the waiting room thinking about the Bush administration and that always managed to get him up to a high enough number to donate on his second try.:lol

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Probably didn't take enough fluids? Dehydration can cause the bp to plummet though in this situation I would expect the heart rate to go up as a way to compensate for the low bp.
Are you athletic? Athletes have low h.r. because their heart is very strong and doesn't need to pump as many times as normal people...

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,795 Posts
i think they're unrelated but i'm not too sure sorry!

but i know since i run a lot and i'm in pretty good fitness my heart rate is really low... like resting it's about 50-60

if your not very healthy idk what it would mean.. but now i'm kinda interested lol!! =]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts