Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Low Energy levels

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  nobodyuknow 
#1 ·
Have you ever woke up one day went to your work or school or whatever your business is, and suddenly feel that all your energy is gone. you don't want to talk to anyone, you don't want to do anything and you just want to sit down and don't talk or don't do anything. Ive been recently feeling like this alot. :afr

I just want to know if you ever felt this way and what you did to make this feeling go away ???:um

#3 ·
The number of reasons are immense and the differential diagnosis is helped by understanding when it started, how long it lasts etc...

But it sounds like its in response to your environment as explained by the sudden onset and is probably an avoidance mechanism.

#4 ·
I get extreme daytime tiredness during class to the point where it is physically impossible for me not to fall asleep. I could be awake one moment and be knocked out the next. It has become a serious problem since i can fall asleep as much as 4 or 5 times a day.

I don't think I have a sleeping disorder. I think it is my body's way of escaping the constant tension and anxiety i face during the day. I just have to shut it all out someway, so my mind turns off. Not to mention the fact that anxiety is exhausting. I get enough sleep at night. Just have to find a way to deal with my anxiety

you sound like the textbook example of depression. Anxiety, more than half the time, carries some form of depression. they are very related.

#5 ·
Yup. I only started my first job last week and before that I wouldn't do a whole lot and would sleep a lot. Now I have to get up early, go to work, come back, take my dogs for a walk then I just go on the internet and make my eyes even sorer because I can't do anything else because I can't concentrate on anything. But today, I came in from taking the dogs for a walk (I had already moaned to my parents how horrible my day had been but they couldn't give a monkeys) then I said I didn't feel like eating dinner and went to lie in bed. I fell asleep for three hours which has mucked up my sleeping pattern yay. I am so physically and emotionally exhausted. I haven't been to the gym for weeks and I used to actually enjoy it. I don't think I can even be bothered to go at the weekend. I'll just want to sleep. I can't take much more :(

#6 ·
^^im the same way...i work my butt off all day, and then get home and absolutely force myself to workout for an hour or so and then im done, exhausted....thats my day, and even if i do get a day off, its spent recouping from the previous day...trying to plan social events and time with my girl is almost not even part the planright now..working on changing things but dont really know how..

#7 ·
yess ive been feeling like this a lot recently too. I dont feel sad, i just dont feel that i am myself. im finding it hard to talk to anyone, including my closest friends about it and feel like i just want to suclude myself from everything else.

ive just finished my a levels, so surely i should be feeling happier now?!

#9 ·
^^if it werent for exercise i doubt id still be alive..that is how detrimental exercise is to my life...sure, it takes absolutely every ounce of poopdoop that i can muster just to walk out to my garage to workout but once i get ibn there, get some good music going, im set..after the workout my body thanks me...the high is shortlived but its something...

#10 ·
i've been walking through public places and suddenly i'll feel completely disabled and need to sit down. or i'll walk into a new area of a store and my energy levels will quickly drop. i've been in school at times and suddenly feel that all my energy is gone...

i can't figure out whether up is up or down is down or whether i'm here or there or both here and there is either up or down while both my left and right sides sometimes feel like my left is there and my right is here or when looking up can cause me to feel down because looking down might cause me to throw up.

certainly you can't notice the cause of the reflex and don't bring the cause to the front of your mind because every time it occurs it changes your emotions and positively you can't rewind very quickly and don't realize what caused that helpless emotion<>

... i find that taking a deep breath and allowing myself to consider,,, i wonder if you won't consider what might be causing this reflex? to occur is often helpful.... once i have realized the cause i then begin to re-frame the problem for example if it is anticipating the anxiety associated with being challenged in class then i re-frame the problem and

"even though i am anxious because i am anticipating being challenged in class i deeply and completely understand that being challenged in class is preparation for future success"

then touch the tip on my nose

repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat

#12 ·
Uh-huh! I think I must seem super weird to people (besides for the obvious reason) because sometimes I can go a whole day without talking more than a few sentences, and sometimes I will babble like a nervous freak and I feel like I should shut up but can't. It sort of depends on how well I deal with stuff that day. On days when I got sleep the night before I feel like a totally different person. It's just hard to get regular sleep.

Around some people I will just freeze up and it's not like I don't like them (usually, they have to give me a good reason, like they are a bully, for me to truly dislike them). Then I feel bad and make myself exhausted. I've gone shopping and as soon as I got home I just crashed. Sometimes at work I go and sleep in my car at lunch.

Except one time I went shopping with my mom, and I went to get my watch battery changed and I was just babbling about whatever to the girl and afterwards my mom was super surprised and kind of laughing and asked where that came from because usually I clam up. When I can psych myself up for things I feel differently.

I also got my thyroid tested and found out it was low and that made a big difference last time they adjusted it. But yeah, anxiety by itself is super tiring.

Does anyone find that things will be going well for you, and that is almost as stressful as when things are bad? Because that's what I find. Sometimes I think, 'Oh, if I was this way, my life would be good,' but when things are going a bit better I will get just as freaked out because it feels so odd, and I worry that I am being fake and things will go back to how they were and if people really knew everything about me they would hate me and it is almost as tiring as when I am anxious (whew, run-on sentence! I'm leaving it! Ha!) That's why I find SA really hard to shake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.