Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Author
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last 4 years I've had about 6 chances to start a job. I go through the interview process and everything, it's nerve racking and takes so much out of me. I feel really good once the interview is over. Then when I'm told I got the job I am very happy and excited at first. As the time approaches when I have to go in for the first time I begin to panic. I worry about having to talk to anyone, worried about having to be somebody's "shadow" as I learn the ropes...

When the day comes I become a complete ball of nerves. I drive to work that first day. Panicking, sweating, shaking. I get to work, park my car. I grip my steering wheel and on impulse I drive away. I cannot make myself get out of the car and go into work. I go to a quiet place, a park maybe and turn my phone off and stay in my car for hours. I feel horrible for not showing up. I go home and feel defeated. People at home ask how it was and I said it isn't for me.

This has been the same story for the last 4 times I was hired. When I do have the courage to go in, I go for a day and then never go back again. I've had a couple jobs where I literally walk away in the middle of the shift. I have been out of a job for the past 4 years. I have lost so many great opportunities. I feel so hopeless.

·
Author
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have actually been working from home as a babysitter for about 9 months. Still, I wish I weren't such a coward to get a "real" job lol. Sucks!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Are you on medication? If not, maybe you should if nothing else is working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts