Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 33 years old married man with three sons. My life with my wife and kids while in GA was good for the most part. Just no jobs but socially great. We moved recently to Charlotte to get better jobs. So far it has been very difficult for me. My wife has found a job been working for months. I stay at home watching the kids looking for work. Her auntie who we live with is okay at times but she questions me as a father. My wife relatives that also live here are petty my kids are bad and breaking things. I get yelled at about it my wife is so distant she comes home sleep goes back to work. This is a depressing situation I have no family or friends of my own. My wife is making friends and enjoying her new life but jobs aint calling closer we get to moving out on our own the more stressful and nerve wrecking things get. I try to talk to my wife about what im going threw she's not there emotionally for me. I feel strange and uncomfortable this is the most anxiety I have ever faced. My wife is not with me on this and that hurts she's to caught up in her own world. Im 33 jobless catching hell where im living at and the person I came up here with is so self absorb she wont talk to me about what im feeling. Love my wife of ten years but I been thinking about leaving her. So I know what im feeling is real because I would never leave my family. But I just feel so lost worthless and alone in a strange state.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Earl I feel your pain. I often wonder the opposite, I'm no good with this anxiety why does my partner stay with me? 90% of the support I get these days is... yeah? I mean I've come to realize they just don't know what to say.

It may not be the same, but I have confronted him about it and basically got "well your always sad, I don't know what more I can do but be here". That hurt, really bad, to find out they actually were conscious of what they were doing, but eventually didn't know anything they could do to help.

Does any of this fit your situation? Do you think you could have this serious talk and she won't belittle you or ignore the subject? If so try it, you have nothing to lose being so close to asking for a divorce. You'll always wonder if the panic causes you to leave. I don't know about her response, but I'm hoping like me it surprises you that they are so aware, just helpless.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Earl33! :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My First Time Here

Hi all, my name is Hadley. I have come to this site out of desperation.

A bit about me. I was diagnosed with Codependency years back and have gone through a tonne of therapy to break these patterns. But now I find that I don't know how to communicate at a normal level.

People stand back from me. They are polite and kind and I've met several people I like but when I put an invite out there, no one ever says yes. I have lost a lot of friendships in the past because of neediness and as a result find myself feeling very isolated and lonely most of the time.

Its very painful, and I want to improve my social skills, but no longer know where to start. Everything I do fails and the truth is I don't know what I am doing wrong. I'm in my mid 40's and at uni with a much younger crowd of students, and that is challenging for me as well.

I'm starting to feel that all is hopeless and my confidence is taking a dive big time.

Thanks for listening and if you have any advice I would love to hear from you.

Have a great day :)

Hadley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts