Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve been shy for most of my life. I am supposed a programmer which I worked a few years before getting layed off. I tried to study something else but it was too hard. I went back to studying computers but that is even too hard for me. I was never a good programmer. But since I am quiet person and can`t stand to work in public service I wanted to make it work...

I hate programming. I dont`t think I`d make a good one and I`m already having a tough time getting back in the field. Technology keeps changing and so I really had to go back to school. My old skills won`t hep me much and have to stay current. That`s what I hate about it too. :mum

I can`t do interviews. I don`t want to go back to school. I hate school and teachers are such :mum and give us too much work.

I`m jobless and I`m not confident about my skills. I keep taking more comp courses and I keep struggling so hard. Also, I can`t get a tutor and so much problems keeps happening. I`m too slow and the teacher keeps giving us so much work to do that I can`t keep up.

I feel totally useless and worthless despite all my education in computers and psychology. I can`t get a job in psychology. I don`t want to go to school anymore. I feel so fed up trying so hard.

I had one interview and it didn`t go well. I feel like I was born without a purpose and now accumulated so much debt. :|

The problem with psychology program, is that I can`t get a job in it except for public service but I can`t seem to work with people. I worked at a coffee shop before but I hated it and people were just nasty to me and couldn`t cope with it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sound like you are in a bind. Your post seems angry? Maybe a total change of profession would be good, from what your describing that one is making you miserable anyway. There are other jobs that may be less stressful, that do not require a lot of people interaction. Of course most of them will not make as much money as a programmer however doesn't sound like that's working for you anyway. Life does of course have its bad days but if into turns into just a bad life time to make a change. Change usually hurts, but the end result could be much better. Hope things get better for you:)

·
Banned
961 Posts
welcome to the forum :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey nothappy welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, NotHappy! :)