Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Congrats on your weight loss! Good luck on the next 25 lbs, even though you probably don't need it :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not really a SA triumph, but I've lost 45 pounds since spring 2007. It's taken a long time, but I guess its healthier that way, than to lose it fast and then not be able to hold it off.

I still have about 25 pounds to go, which I know I will make it.

Meds, my first fulltime desk job are what basically got me overweight after college. I've noticed others getting their first real job after college have gained wieght also, so its pretty common I guess.

Anyway, its a struggle, but its coming along. I've been walking (some jogging) nightly every damn day for 1 hour, regardless of season, unless it rains. I've also been watching what I eat.

The walking thing was in Spring 2007, Fall 2007 (summer was real wet and tons of mosquitoes). And I've been walking since Spring 2008 to the present with only like 2 breaks when I was on vacation and when relatives were over, but other than that its every damn day, every damn day! ;)
seriously, you should be outstandingly proud of yourself. not just the fact of losing the weight, but more or less your commitment. 2 years of dedication is something that most ppl cant maintain no matter what their goal is. reading things like this make me feel good, lol so keep it up. again, fantastic job! A+!!!

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
AMAZING!!!! :nw

And the way you are doing it is very smart. Changes you can live with. Losing weight too fast almost guarantees a regain at some point.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! You should be extremely proud of this acheivement!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congratulations that is amazing! I wish I had your will power. Where do you get it from? lol

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
That's awesome!!!! :clap

·
molaurie
28 Posts
Great job!!! This is a big acheivement! I myself have recently lost over 80 lbs. and I find that, although still incredibly socially anxious, I'm MUCH less self-conscious about getting out to be with other people. Also, all the walking I do(an hour a day) helps with my anxiety, in general. Keep up the good work - we should be incredibly proud of ourselves!

Laurie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts