Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in and out of therapy for over 20 years. I have been diagnosed with Complex post traumatic stress and major depression. I'm currently taking temazapam and trazadone at night to sleep. I am a mother of one teenager who lives with me. I have three cats and a dog. I've been doing part time work at home off and on for the past 16 years because that's all I could really handle. I started taking a class here and there a few years ago and just started at college. My anxiety has been terrible and getting worse. I have a hard time being around people. I always have. Since I starte
+d at college it's getting worse. I try to avoid them because when they talk to me I can't think and I start sweating. This becomes a real problem when I am in a class. I can't read whats in front of me, the words just look like a jumble and I don't know what I'm doing. The teacher talks too fast for me to take notes properly. I don't want to be disabled forever. I want to get a decent education and a decent job. How can I do this with so much anxiety? One of my classes I'm taking online and doing good at but for the field i want to go into - nursing- some classes have to be taken in person. I don't want to believe that I can't do it. I refuse to believe that. Part of me thinks I must be kidding, that I will never be able to do the things I want to do. Why do I have to have this problem? I can't even handle going to the grocery store sometimes. How am I going to get through school?:um

·
Cynical Idealist
1,339 Posts
Welcome Lmoon! There's a lot of folks here (myself included) who had a tough time with college. I'm far from qualified to give you any useful solutions, but I can at least offer you my support. Keep listening to the part of you that refuses to believe you can't do it. It knows what it's talking about. Things don't come easy for us, but there's always the chance we can make it better.

I'm rooting for you!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, LMoon! :)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been in and out of therapy for over 20 years. I have been diagnosed with Complex post traumatic stress and major depression. I'm currently taking temazapam and trazadone at night to sleep. I am a mother of one teenager who lives with me. I have three cats and a dog. I've been doing part time work at home off and on for the past 16 years because that's all I could really handle. I started taking a class here and there a few years ago and just started at college. My anxiety has been terrible and getting worse. I have a hard time being around people. I always have. Since I starte
+d at college it's getting worse. I try to avoid them because when they talk to me I can't think and I start sweating. This becomes a real problem when I am in a class. I can't read whats in front of me, the words just look like a jumble and I don't know what I'm doing. The teacher talks too fast for me to take notes properly. I don't want to be disabled forever. I want to get a decent education and a decent job. How can I do this with so much anxiety? One of my classes I'm taking online and doing good at but for the field i want to go into - nursing- some classes have to be taken in person. I don't want to believe that I can't do it. I refuse to believe that. Part of me thinks I must be kidding, that I will never be able to do the things I want to do. Why do I have to have this problem? I can't even handle going to the grocery store sometimes. How am I going to get through school?:um
I've been missing school for a week... and on Monday ill have a psychiatric consult and i don't know how im gonna tell him that i just can't get close that gate... (school gate) i feel everybody is looking at me and judging me and laughing at me and just want to be my friends to plot against me... it's so paranoid but it's how i feel... i wish i was dead... (haven't u?)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Lmoon welcome. :hyper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts