Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just joined. Should have introduced myself in the intro section, but I'll give a quick intro. I've been shy my whole life, since I was little, became very shy starting in middle/high school, quiet voice, bad with talking in groups, etc. etc. Started feeling like I was different and lower than others in high school. Stayed at home for college, got more and more isolated, avoidant, extreme anxiety started, but I kept it covered on the surface. When I went to campus I thought everyone was judging me and thinking low of me, slight stutter started, etc. etc. Consciously I was fine, but I visibly started trembling when put in a situation that I was not ready for (never happened before). Grandparent had OCPD, anti-anxiety meds decades, so along with being anxious, perfectionism and rigid views of the world while being aware of them, nothing ever good enough, anxiety increases, blah blah blah. Result was extreme anxiety, mind that got screwed to the point that I couldn't do anything for a few months, and no social skills. Finished college despite this though.

Recovered a bit and started more school where I need to really get over it, lose my social anxiety, perfectionism, and the like, and regain the part of my self that I have lost. I'm getting over this for sure now, so I'll take any suggestions for coping and I'll post my progress and what I use. It is all going to change this time, God willing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts