Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

looking good>what other people think

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  ntl 
#1 ·
I finally did it!

I have been wanting to start jogging for about three years now. I finally went this morning and jogged/walked for an hour. Fortunatley, it was saterday morning at 7am and raining, so i only saw like 4 people!

This is such a big deal for me. I am overweight and i don't have nice clothes, and I have been terrified that "everyone" will stare at me, laugh at what I am wearing and think "obviously she's attempting to jog to lose weight. God, that's pathetic. She looks horrible" but I somehow bit the bullet and went. I plan to go jogging on every day with a "u" in it and increase my fitness level.

Additionally, this is one of the few times where i have done something new, felt good about it, and not picked it apart relentlessly. I actually did a great job!

#4 ·
I am being 100% honest with you when i say that im happy when i see someone overweight trying to lose it. Having had an overweight grandfather whom i had a lot of problems with, i have a non personal hate for overweight people who dont do anything about it. This stems from my desire to see my grandfather try and lose some weight. He never did and died because of it. im glad to see that you want to change your weight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.