Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I just found this website and posting messages is all very new for me, so bear with me! I've had underlying SA for years, but mostly I've been treated for depression and general anxiety with meds & I'm feeling fair except for the SA. I've always been a socialphobic, but just coined it as being shy/introverted. Conversing with other people I don't already know is very difficult for me and I feel uncomfortable at parties/gatherings where you are required to make small talk. In the past two years I've realized I have BIG dreams (business related) that I'm not able to accomplish because of this problem I can't get past...it's frustrating! :help
I'm thinking of either going back to seeing a psych for CBT or doing my own therapy with books/workbooks...any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated! Thx

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey shykitten welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, ShyKitten! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
8 Posts
i see myself in you; very shy, introverted, problems socializing, fear of failure(I am a student and have passed up certain opportunities w/ my education b/c of anxiety). i hope you will find comfort in knowing there are so many who are struggling just like you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts