Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will teach how to speak in public if you can teach how to get into a relationship.

·
Banned
536 Posts
Say hi to a girl, tell her your name, ask what music she likes, talk about that for a bit, then ask her on a date and get her phone number. On the date, listen to her, and give responses that showed you were listening. Repeat this until you meet someone you feel a mutual attraction towards.

Now, teach me to speak in public.

·
Banned
1,401 Posts
Usually I use a steak and an oversized mousetrap and then once captured, transfer the man to a small cage for a meaningful, Stockholm syndrome type relationship. I await your public speaking advice.

·
Moron
4,621 Posts
Usually I use a steak and an oversized mousetrap and then once captured, transfer the man to a small cage for a meaningful, Stockholm syndrome type relationship. I await your public speaking advice.
Hmm, excellent. I assume I would substitute a hand bag or shoes if going for different prey? Obviously the prey I'm referring to is moths.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Say hi to a girl, tell her your name, ask what music she likes, talk about that for a bit, then ask her on a date and get her phone number.
How do I do that without degrading myself by showing interest in someone before they have shown any interest in me?

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Say hi to a girl, tell her your name, ask what music she likes, talk about that for a bit, then ask her on a date and get her phone number. On the date, listen to her, and give responses that showed you were listening. Repeat this until you meet someone you feel a mutual attraction towards.

Damn, still can't get to THAT step.

As for public speaking...

1) Write notes
2) Be confident
3) ?????
4) Profit from impromptu sales pitch

Granted, there are a bunch of steps between 3 and 4, but I'm too tired and will write about them in detail tomorrow.

·
Banned
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is a hint of the process...

Starting from reading a speech in front of a small group of people who are also struggling with public speaking, add in more strangers and a longer speech, whilst subtracting the amount of material you are reading from.

Go from reading a monotone paragraph to 2 or 3 friends to teaching an auditorium an entire lesson with minimal preparation AND answer questions.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

I can just imagine the nasty daggers a girl at say the bus stop would give if you just approached them and said "Hi I'm blank, what music do you like?"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts