Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Read Only
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't know if this is the right place to post this... i'm sorry, i'm dumb... anyway, i really love romance anime, manga, and visual novels... it's embarrassing for me to talk about and i feel terrified just making this post, but i really would like to find friends to share that interest with... the truth is, romance stories make me feel very sad, lonely, and depressed once i'm done with them, but i'm still addicted to them... i can't stop indulging in them and binging them... i'm kind of obsessed... i prefer being lost in fiction over acknowledging reality...

but i figured maybe i could take the first steps into acknowledging reality again... if i tried to make friends i could share something in common with... i feel miserable trying to make friends that don't like what i like... i'm constantly feeling worthless and rejected, thinking they hate everything i like and everything about me... so i can't just go and make friends with anyone right away... scares me too much... i'd like to find something in common... thanks...

·
Registered
21 Posts
The popularity of anime is exploding and I regularly see new visual novels on consoles. I think your interests are becoming more mainstream. What are some of your favorites?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm not that into romance stories, but I like anime and manga a lot too. Romance makes me sad as well so I avoid it hahaha xD

·
SAS member
3,445 Posts
I like visual novels too although I try to branch out away from romance to get a new experience. The most recent visual novel I've played was Steins Gate Zero.

·
Registered
Depressed and anxious
2 Posts
i don't know if this is the right place to post this... i'm sorry, i'm dumb... anyway, i really love romance anime, manga, and visual novels... it's embarrassing for me to talk about and i feel terrified just making this post, but i really would like to find friends to share that interest with... the truth is, romance stories make me feel very sad, lonely, and depressed once i'm done with them, but i'm still addicted to them... i can't stop indulging in them and binging them... i'm kind of obsessed... i prefer being lost in fiction over acknowledging reality...

but i figured maybe i could take the first steps into acknowledging reality again... if i tried to make friends i could share something in common with... i feel miserable trying to make friends that don't like what i like... i'm constantly feeling worthless and rejected, thinking they hate everything i like and everything about me... so i can't just go and make friends with anyone right away... scares me too much... i'd like to find something in common... thanks...
I seen almost 200 animes and read a lot of mangas, during lock down..

·
Registered
17 Posts

Raises hand I watch many different types of anime including romance. Some of my favorites being My Love Story, Fruits Basket, and Clannad. I don't read manga but I have finally started on webtoons. As for visual novels I just play a lot of otome games. Simping over 2D guys is much easier than dealing with an actual love life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts