Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my team we are supposed to have a rota system to do certain tasks but I have noticed more and more I get stuck with everything. I am sick of getting stuck with the crappy jobs.

There is 5 minute presentation every morning. We are supposed to take turns to do for two weeks but the people who claim they always do it never do. I have volunteered a few times as I didn't want to be seen not to do it and yet people claim to have sudden amnesia when I mentioned I did it recently. So now, surprise surprise I am stuck with the job for the next two weeks again. If I say anything I will seem like a trouble maker. I did mention when I found out that I had done it recently but then I got the 'Oh really' innocent looks and didn't know how to argue about it without seeming petty. These people are so clever that are able to twist everything. One of my colleagues just stands quietly in the background and I know she hasn't done it for months and everyone lets her get away with it. The other one is senior and she hasn't done it recently but again nobody says anything.

It's not just this though. Even when I am supposed to share the tasks, the other person always does the easy stuff. I am then left with long complex queries but yet never get the credit for it. I end up doing it because I feel bad for the customer who is looking for a quick resolution. Most of the time I go out of my way for them but its usually ignored.
I have been in the job for years and the others have been there less time than me.

One of my colleagues was very rude to a customer and the senior women laughed it off. Then this colleague also ignored an email which resulted in a huge complaint. I mentioned to the senior woman that a customer called to complain and she brushed it off. When my colleague did not check the queries for one week, nothing was said. So I tested the senior woman. I decided not to look at the query for a day and when she found out she was fuming as someone mentioned it. But she still didn't have the guts to say anything about it to my face just got all angry and walked off in a huff (and no doubt *****ing later to manager). I don't usually do this but I got to the point where I am so sick of being helpful and hardworking when everyone else gets away with slacking off. If I get asked I will say I have been busy with other work.

I think it is time to get job hunting. I know other jobs can be the same but I have a feeling if I start again as a new person I will be able to reinvent myself. These guys knew me at a different point in my life when I was younger, shy and trying to impress.They know I am hardworking but I feel this gets used against me. I have seen new people come onto the team and get treated with more respect then me.

I know I should be grateful to still have a job but at the moment it feels like I would be so happy once I leave this unpleasant situation. I am thinking of applying for a job outside this company as I feel I have more opportunities to develop but I'm a little scared as it is risky. But I figure it's worth it if I get my confidence back and start to enjoy my work environment more.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention I have been bullied previously by one of the ladies in this team and there is a real clique like feeling in the office. I always get spoken to differently by some of the group and I noticed that others always get more assistance than me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts