Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Severed member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got the cheapest plan that my carrier(Verizon) provides, but even then, I dont use the phone enough to justify $60 per month. I know very little about pay as you go phones, so any insight on these? Can you get any kind of phone, or can I use the one I have now(Samsung)? Will I have to buy those cards to refill the minutes or is there another way? What do you recommend?

·
I AM JUSTICE.
945 Posts
Well, if you don't talking very often I suggest using a card to fill your phone with time, it's cheap and you do it as you go. Though you need to have a phone that's not tied to a contract(So if you spent 20$ with a contract for your phone, you'd have to pay the full value...).

Otherwise here in Canada I use Koodo, no contract and it works well. I have unlimited instant messaging and it's only 15$. The talk limit is pretty low, but I don't talk much.

·
Severed member
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zil...My current phone isnt under a contract as I fulfilled it a year ago. Can I use this phone? Next time I'm at the store, I'll take a closer look at the phones and phone cards they have.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I've been using a prepaid plan for around three years. It was originally Alltel, but once Verizon took them over I was allowed to keep my plan. Basically I get unlimited texting, free nights and weekends, and regular minutes at $.10 each for $.75 a day so it costs me about $23 a month. You can buy refill cards but I have an online account and just add money to it that way. They also give 15 free bonus minutes whenever I add at least $35 online. I rarely ever use it, maybe once or twice a month...so I think I have over 300 free anytime minutes. I'm not sure if Verizon offers this prepaid plan anymore though since it was originally an Alltel plan that people were allowed to keep after the transition.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts