Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I have a right to be really proud of myself because I have been at this job for 4 months tomorrow and the longest I had kept a job before this one was like 3 months (not counting working for my mom). And it's a job that has a really high volume of customers and constant contact with co-workers (you cant just hide in a cubicle or go off and do your own thing.) Anyways, I'm now looking for a job that is less stressful as I feel like I have proven to myself that i can do it so there is no need to keep torturing myself lol. But also, since I began working there, I haven't missed a single day! I havn't called in sick or no-showed just because I was nervous. Even when I was sick to my stomach or so scared to deal with people I still dragged my happy little butt in there and got it done. So YAY ME!!!:clap

·
Among the ashes
1,464 Posts
Fantastic! You should definitely feel great about pulling through like that and showing up despite how you felt. I can relate with how hard it can be in deciding to go back everyday when the job makes you so anxious/stressed...I hope everything works out well for you, and congratulations :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yea dont quit man. I used to have a habit of quitting jobs out of nowhere. I would literally work the first day and sneak out of the place. It was so funny. One time I was working for those gutter people that go on your roof and clean ppls gutters. (sorry dont know what its called) I was with 2 guys. They needed a help with a ladder. Both of them were on top of the roof. They needed something from the truck so I go down the ladder from the roof to "get it". Then I was like, this is my run for it. So I started running, left the guys on the roof and called my friends to pick me up. I felt so bad bcuz I guess I needed the money, I called the boss to apologize and he didnt mind taking me back. Told me to come the next day and I never showed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts