Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't make connections with people, online or in person. I feel so lonely. I feel like I'm missing something that all other human beings are born with.

·
Author
242 Posts
Exactly how I feel :(
I tell myself there is something missing in my brain that keeps me from living normally. I'm extremely shy and afraid to meet people. I hope knowing that you're not alone helps. If you need someone to talk to I'm always around.

·
Registered
Worthless garbage
9,277 Posts
Yup, you're not alone. I know how you feel. I can never seem to find words when it comes to starting a conversation, and then people find me boring. I get anxiety about something that should come so easily to me. It's not that I'm even that shy anymore, but I can't think of stuff to say.

·
Introvert
232 Posts
You'll find someone dont worry, the world is overpopulated enough , sooner or later u'll atleast find one u can connect with. Try starting with your common interest of things u like , so far with my experience i managed to find some aquaintances(i dont know if im their friend :( ) from video gaming , anime and cooking.

·
Don't Stop Believin'
912 Posts
I haven't been able to make friends irl for a long time because I can never come up with that much to say, but in hs I didn't mind it because I had my parents and online gaming friends. Now that I'm alone in college without these two I do feel there's something wrong with me =/.

Kinda wish I was born differently too.

·
Registered
627 Posts
It's difficult. I've felt very lonely this past week and it gets to you. In high school it felt easier to make friends because you were forced to be around the same people about 8 hours a day. I had friends, but don't remember how I became friends with most of them. One was because of a group project. In the workplace, I'm the youngest and all anyone does is complain about work or they have drinking problems or we don't relate due to different interests. I don't understand how to make friends and my anxiety only crops up around people my own age. Argh!!!!!

(I also don't talk in conversations, which doesn't help...)

·
eltit motsuc resu
135 Posts
I know the feeling, it's hard to hold a conversation with someone.
There was only one person that I could keep a conversation with for a long time, but I haven't seen him in a couple of years. We were at the same extern site.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OMG - me too! Good to know I'm not the only one out there...
I was always very shy but in my younger days, I somehow coped with it better and did make a few friends. However I lost touch with them when I moved out of the country for 5 years (this was before the Internet and Facebook). Now that I am back in my hometown, I have no social life whatsoever because I am extremely awkward and shy around people and the older I get, the worse it seems to become. Although I am ok in social situations if I hook up with somebody who talks a lot - they all think I'm such a great listener when the truth is that I can't think of anything to say! So I just smile and nod in all the right places... I've worked with a few people I could really relate to, but then how do you make them your friend? It's not like back in school, when you just walked up to somebody and said "will you be my friend"... how awkward and embarrassing would that be?!

·
Chained to my destiny
414 Posts
I am the same. I also believe that maybe something is missing in my brain. ;_; I am painfully shy. I can't socialize. I hate people chattering and laughing around me.

·
Irreversibly Invisible
4,095 Posts
I've felt like this my whole life, even before I knew what SA was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts