Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I'm 19 almost 20 and attending a community college. i have no friends, everybody seems to have friends or a special someone. so my parents were talking the other day and they said that "IM LONELY" so I just don't understand why I'm living anymore. so my mom was trying to get me to talk to her friend's daughter that lives on another continent :( so i said "NO" and then she was like then get a girlfriend here. now my parents never wanted me to have a girlfriend when i was younger but now they seem to know that i'm becoming depressed and lonely.

the problem is i have never had a girlfriend nor a relationship with a female due to many reasons. for example i would probably stab my eyes rather than bring a girl home. i feel like my parents treat me like a child because if i want to go out they would ask me where to? i mean thats fine but if i said i'm going to a club (which i have never been to) they would ask why? you see they want to know everything and the integration goes on.

so i like girls and i would like to have a relationship but i don't feel like i can and the worst thing is that i tell myself that after i finish college and get a degree i will try to build a social life (probably won't happen)

lots of people tell me i never smile or i look like i'm too serious? now this doesn't bother me but it make me think why i'm like that?

i'm really mature outside and people sometimes think that i'm older than my age.

the problem at home is since my parents treat me like a child i tend to yell at them and call them names you know how teenagers act.

i asked this question on a different website but apparently people didn't help so i came to this website.

oh btw usually at the gym i'm kinda boastful and cocky for some reason just because i'm very fit so i don't understand why at the gym i have a different personality than i have at school and home.

i might be bipolar since i'm a gemini :idea right?

i have a friend with a similar story, he is in his 30s and no social life, nothing and the same problem is with his brothers.
they all live at home they are in their 30s.

we come from same cultures but i won't say what culture and it's not the obvious ones
so any advice guys?

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
Is there a respectful way that you can communicate to them your need for privacy? Maybe you could make a deal with them that you'll make more of an effort to have a social life if they make an effort to respect your privacy more/not interrogate you about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also 19 and in community college with virtually no social life at all. Lately its been getting even worse and my anxiety has started spilling over into my job. I've been leaving my job early every single day. So I'm stuck at home a lot trying to just get through day to day.

I've never had a relationship with a female unless you count online. Even then I've never had any much with anyone. I have trouble making friends and even more trouble keeping them because I tend to isolate myself when my anxiety spikes and a lot of people think I'm blowing them off.

Anyway, I know how you feel and the best way to start meeting people is just to be out there. I know its hard, but it can be simple stuff like hanging around campus. Talk to people you know, and maybe you'll meet other people through them.

If you wanna talk to me though my skype is Russell_teh_ottah
I hope things get better for you buddy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts