Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloes.

I have been playing guitar for around 7 years now, and I am still just sitting in front of my computer playing along to songs. Any other musicians here with and urge to play with other people but are too nervous about the thought? : /

·
Registered
603 Posts
Jamming with new people always gets me jittery like a first date and I've been playing for 15 years. It's definitely worth it, though. I've spent years aimlessly picking in front of the tv and writing bits and pieces of songs, but it's only when playing with others that I really get something out of music.

If you haven't already you might try joining some online communities, recording yourself, and interacting with people there. It's a good way to network, and to build confidence.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jamming with new people always gets me jittery like a first date and I've been playing for 15 years. It's definitely worth it, though. I've spent years aimlessly picking in front of the tv and writing bits and pieces of songs, but it's only when playing with others that I really get something out of music.

If you haven't already you might try joining some online communities, recording yourself, and interacting with people there. It's a good way to network, and to build confidence.
Can you recommend some of these online communities?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Helloes.

I have been playing guitar for around 7 years now, and I am still just sitting in front of my computer playing along to songs. Any other musicians here with and urge to play with other people but are too nervous about the thought? : /
Making YouTube videos would be the perfect thing for you. I've started doing drum covers on YouTube, and it's pretty fun, and also allows me to improve by watching myself and putting yourself out there on the internet is a good thing. When I made my first cover and put it on Facebook I got a lot of comments at school like "I didn't know you played drums! You're really good" and stuff. Great opportunity to show off what you've got without live performance anxiety. And because of my drum covers, I got offered to play as a backup at my local youth group when the other drummer is gone, and it's been great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts