·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think being alone is a choice ?

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
I think it's both. It's a natural human instinct (at least for most of us) to want to be with others, but perception plays a big part as well, and that is a choice.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i hate being alone its the worst thing about my life but its something i must live with(though i am trying my hardest to stop being lonely) but its not working well

·
Registered
442 Posts
being alone is not a choice because some people don't know how to make friends. Some lonely people lack the confidence to leave the house. no-one likes to be alone for very long.
an anxious related problem i guess.

·
Registered
536 Posts
How Loneliness can be a choice ???
Its not.. It just happens to some people for some reason.

being alone is not a choice because some people don't know how to make friends. Some lonely people lack the confidence to leave the house. no-one likes to be alone for very long.
Absolutely right.

·
avast ye landlubbers
2,055 Posts
Sure. Some people might prefer solitude, and be in a position to choose. Me..and I know I'm not alone in feeling this way.. well, who would choose to stew in their own twisted thoughts, slowly going insane over a period of years? I'm too afraid to meet other people. I don't know how to talk to them anymore. I don't have anything to offer them anyway. This is no choice at all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not a choice. I feel like I can't relate to people at all. I'm learning to accept it, as I do enjoy doing things on my own.
It just gets to me when things like New Years Eve comes around, kind of a reminder from the conventional population that I don't have many friends. A sudden pressure to act like I have plans.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Not necessarily a choice, but deciding not to try find others/friends is a choice.
But that choice is influenced by other things eg self esteem.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts