Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Social anxiety is such an isolating disorder. I hate weekends I feel like everyone else is out having fun and even though my anxiety is better than what it used to be I still dont have many/any friends and its really lonely. To be completely alone on a saturday night is really depressing I want to be with people having fun or with a guy and ugh. It just sucks.

·
SAS member
770 Posts
The lonliness gets to me too. I wish I was at a club dancing and having fun but I lack the confidence and I don't want people around me to see that about me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya me too. I recently turned 21 and my dad doesnt really care that I have social anxiety lol and took me to las vegas (which was really nice and generous but for a person with sa its hell). luckily i found that alcohol really eases the anxiety for me so I really wish I was out having fun- I just dont have people to do that with because Ive isolated myself so much in the past few years

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
Social anxiety is such an isolating disorder. I hate weekends I feel like everyone else is out having fun and even though my anxiety is better than what it used to be I still dont have many/any friends and its really lonely. To be completely alone on a saturday night is really depressing I want to be with people having fun or with a guy and ugh. It just sucks.
I feel the same :-(

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I cooked a dinner made for two...but gf had work tonight and then an all-girls party to go to, so I ate alone lol

·
Clever Status Title
1,049 Posts
Blow up doll + Get a chick on fiverrr to record some things to say "I love you", etc. Invest in a cd player, burn the fiverrr sound files to disc. Throw the cd player somewhere you can't see it. Inflate blow up doll + profit?!1!?!

Awwww yeahhh!1

·
Poker Junkie
90 Posts
Blow up doll + Get a chick on fiverrr to record some things to say "I love you", etc. Invest in a cd player, burn the fiverrr sound files to disc. Throw the cd player somewhere you can't see it. Inflate blow up doll + profit?!1!?!

Awwww yeahhh!1
That's disturbing on so many levels.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Yeah, lately I've been feeling lonelier than ever. I had a falling out with the few friends I had before I went off to college and I've yet to make any friends here. To make matters worse I'm in a completely new city and my car just broke down, meaning I'm literally stuck here on campus all the time. For someone like me this is absolute hell, at least before when I was lonely on the weekend I could go to the movies, or on a drive, or just go somewhere in the city. Now I'm just stuck on campus with no one.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
Trust me, the weekend isn't this "cool kids club" it appears to be to us with SA lol. My brother is a good example. He's an extrovert, he has plenty of friends, but he doesn't go to parties every weekend and get drunk or do any of that nonsense. He just does stuff he likes to do (play basketball at the park, hang out with his friends maybe, nothing special). I used to crave busy weekends too, but now I realize I'd rather do what I want to do than feel socially obligated to go to parties and do all this other stuff that I quite frankly don't see as fun (never have, never will). So I'm patiently waiting until I find friends close enough that we can fill in my schedule for the weekend with activities I find fun (and I don't mind going to a party here and there, I'm just not a party animal. Nothing wrong with that).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts