Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
emptybottle said:
Of course. I just arm myself with an MP3 player and book and do my best to tune out my surroundings.
:agree Same here.

Don't be so sure you wanna get to know people in your dorm. If yours is anything like mine, every fourth person is cruel & spiteful and even the nicest person won't keep a secret.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Whenever I'm in the halls (like lunch and before classes start), I pretend to do work, and a lot of times, actually do work. It helps keep my mind off everything.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Same here, especially on days like tomorrow, where our lunch schedules are mixed up every tuesday, so I have no one to sit by at lunch (everyone else i know has a different lunch hour, i hate scheduling lol) so I usually take my CD player and wander or go to the library and pretend to do work.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Jack's Smirking Revenge said:
Same here, especially on days like tomorrow, where our lunch schedules are mixed up every tuesday, so I have no one to sit by at lunch (everyone else i know has a different lunch hour, i hate scheduling lol) so I usually take my CD player and wander or go to the library and pretend to do work.
Same here...I used to do that all the time in secondary school...find a cozy, isolated corner in the library & plug in the ear phones :banana

·
Registered
64 Posts
Those five minutes in the hall between classes were the worst. If it wasn't for those I might have been fine...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been in halls for nearly 8 weeks now...i started off being very shy and reserved, and now that i've come out of my shell a bit, my housemates want nothing to do with me :( It's all about the first impressions...

·
Registered
48 Posts
It's not too bad, I just listen to my music, completely shuts me off from outside world, except I can still see them :b I don't know if it's a good thing or not, but I no longer care about what they think of me. If anyone's staring at me, I just glare at them, becoming hostile I am. :um I have to admit that it was worse in high school! I truly hate that place.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts