Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet with other local people who suffer from extreme Shyness or social phobia. Offer support and understanding and share your story with others! Social Phobia can make you feel isolated and very alone, come to our group and meet people like you, form friendships and see that you are not alone. Join is our discussions and our group social outings and activities.

More Info: http://shyness.meetup.com/201/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, MissDee. It's nice to know there's someone else from London, ON too!
but how did you sign up for this? When I clicked the link it says the meeting no longer exists :no
Oh I meant I just signed up for this site, should have been more clearly lol. But its good to see someone else from London as well! I just moved here a couple months ago so pretty new to the area.

Have you gone to any meetings in London for SAS at all? I tried looking online....

·
FAIL
33 Posts
Oh I meant I just signed up for this site, should have been more clearly lol. But its good to see someone else from London as well! I just moved here a couple months ago so pretty new to the area.

Have you gone to any meetings in London for SAS at all? I tried looking online....
I joined this site quite recently too. So when I figured out that there is such meeting, it was already gone lol..
How are you liking the area?

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is also a group for students through Western University that people can sign up for. I believe the sessions start on February though.

·
Angel91123
5 Posts
Pleasure to meet U!

Hello my name is Jamie.(female) I am from Windsor, Ontario. The closest meeting place is in London, I see. I would love to join and gather with you all. am new on this site and was wondering if you could help me.( Give me tips, advise, or tell me where the parties at, lol) Please message moi. (I may not no how to read replys otherwise) Thanx soo much! Live, Love, Laugh, and be HAPPY! Jamie

·
Angel91123
5 Posts
Pleasure to meet U!

Hello my name is Jamie.(female) I am from Windsor, Ontario. The closest meeting place is in London, I see. I would love to join and gather with you all. am new on this site and was wondering if you could help me.( Give me tips, advise, or tell me where the parties at, lol) Please message moi. (I may not no how to read replys otherwise) Thanx soo much! Live, Love, Laugh, and be HAPPY! Jamie

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the key is exposure, but gradual exposure. I find I'm getting more confident talking to people but the longer I keep to myself, I regress again. The key is consistently practicing your skills slightly above or at your comfort zone no matter what that might mean...don't quote me on it though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi

I didn't know groups like these even existed! I wish I found a group like this years ago.. I'm from kichener tho and I would be too nervous to go to a group and talk in front of people.. Maybe if I could just go to listen it would be okay but the thought of having to talk infront of strangers is too much..

·
Registered
204 Posts
I attended a few of those meetings. There's no pressure to talk, with the exception of introductions and why you're there.
I didn't stay with it long enough at the time, although I may consider it again. Discussions could include cognitive behavior therapy readings or tapes.

Basically, an informal group of people of varying ages sitting around a conference room table, bantering ideas back and forth to alleviate our shyness / anxiety.

The other meetup group links look interesting as well, like the hiking group or meditation group.

·
Phobic123
8 Posts
Looking to develop a TV Series on phobias

Hey guys I"m looking to develop a TV series in Canada based on phobias, and the importance we need to place on them and treatment options. As a fellow member with anxiety and previous panic attacks would be great to expose different phobias to an Canadian audience. Here's my posting if anyone is interested in sharing their stories:

Are you or a loved one struggling with a debilitating phobia? Does your condition currently affect your day-to-day life? Is your phobia due a childhood trauma or frightening experience?

A new Television Series in development is searching for Canadians willing to share their stories, and expose their phobias, with the aim of educating individuals about the severity of phobias in our society, and possible treatment options.

We are looking for Canadian men and women of any age who have been through a frightening, or traumatic experience and are now struggling with a serious phobia. Fears in all shapes and sizes welcome! The aim is to expose the severity of phobias; no one is alone, and there is treatment out there!

If interested please send some information and a brief story about your phobia experience to: [email protected]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys I"m looking to develop a TV series in Canada based on phobias, and the importance we need to place on them and treatment options. As a fellow member with anxiety and previous panic attacks would be great to expose different phobias to an Canadian audience. Here's my posting if anyone is interested in sharing their stories:

Are you or a loved one struggling with a debilitating phobia? Does your condition currently affect your day-to-day life? Is your phobia due a childhood trauma or frightening experience?

A new Television Series in development is searching for Canadians willing to share their stories, and expose their phobias, with the aim of educating individuals about the severity of phobias in our society, and possible treatment options.

We are looking for Canadian men and women of any age who have been through a frightening, or traumatic experience and are now struggling with a serious phobia. Fears in all shapes and sizes welcome! The aim is to expose the severity of phobias; no one is alone, and there is treatment out there!

If interested please send some information and a brief story about your phobia experience to: [email protected]
I wish! But I'm too scared lol... #socialanxietyproblems

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Thanks for the link, I have signed up.

****, I now see that this page was intended for residents of London, Canada, but I still found a meetup group for London, UK so all's good :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts