Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

lol, think u got it bad. my intro...

835 views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Alone42Long 
#1 ·
my intro...

hellooooo,
ive been dealing with social anxiety/panic disorder and mild depression for about ten years.(i have an older sister who has it as well) im 26/m. and even at the worse times, ive always remained optimistic, and i remain that way even to this day. but right now, and this is no bs, this is the worse time in my life thus far. so heres a quick overview of my life right now. about nine months ago my anxiety truly prevented me from working, and i havent worked since. so this put the financial burden on my g/f of 6 years. so we make the obvious decision to not re-sign our apt lease. so she moves back in w/ her folks, and unfortunately the only place i could move to is w/ my mother, who lives 4 hours away in another state. so after being up here for about a month or so, my g/f has decided that she wants to be single. which is quite ironic given the fact that herself and i had been recently looking/shopping engagement rings. as well as some "introductory" family planning, such as possibly making a baby, picking out names, things of that sort. and btw, myself coming from divorced parents, i never ever even remotely thought of marriage. so basically i finally open myself up to the idea, and sure enough she doesnt want to be with me. and i mean i am in love with this girl more than, well there just arent enough words. the hours of crying, praying, etc for her, you get the picture. ok, so now here i am in another state, broken hearted, dont know anyone, and heres some kickers...my mother, aunt, step father, and their close friend, well we all live in the same house. my mother and aunt both suffer from schizifective disorder. my step father is bi polar. and their family friend recently had a massive heart attack, survived, but still parties like a rock star, as well as threatens suicide almost everyday.(we've made four 911 calls this past week and a half for him, and they werent for his heart) and whats even more fun, is in the past week or so, my mother and aunt have both been having a psychotic episode almost everyday. so as far as my anxiety/depression, its off the charts right now. ive been taking 100mg zoloft for the past year and it has made a noticeable improvement in my social anxiety/panic disorder. with the exception of my current emotional status, which would have to be a negative 5 on a scale of 1-10, i typically dont have depressive moods. so even with all of this going on in my life, i still remain optimistic. and ive never been nervous or scared to tell anyone of my condition. as far as my anxiety, the best thing i did was seek treatment for it. and its paying off. just like other ppl, i was very cautious about taking medications that re route neurotransmitters in the brain and all that stuff. but finally my anxiety got to the point where it was either i seek treatment, or something else. treatment was obviously and easily the correct course of action. so even though im dealing with a major setback with my current situation in life, i know for a fact that you just have to be patient and positive and things truly do work out and you can feel better. like i said before, ive been dealing with this for quite a long time and have been at every possible stage of anxiety. so if anyone has any questions or just wants some input, i'd be more than happy to help. i am no doctor by any means, but i have educated myself quite a bit on a wide range and variety of the aspects of anxiety. i.e.-medications, symptoms, triggers, coping, cognitive therapy, etc. so im looking forward to getting know and hopefully help out anyone else who has to deal with any/all aspects related to anxiety. the best advice i could give, is to take care of yourself and DO NOT "put it off." sometimes in life you have to put yourself first. and i understand that it can be especially tougher when having to deal with your family, spouse, children, etc. but you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others. so im new to this site and i'll be browsing all the forums looking to help out in anyway i can. so take it easy and remember you arent crazy and you arent the first person in the world who has to deal with this. and think about it too, theres PLENTY of ppl out there who have it worse than you. so stay positive and i hope i can help out anyone who needs it in any way possible. so live long and prosper....j/k i just seen the new star wars. see ya's around. thx

See less See more
#6 ·
you must have misunderstood my thread or maybe i didnt specify enough...so i'll clarify. theres absolutely no way i would ever say "my sa is worse than your sa." the point of my post was to introduce myself and give a little insight as to one of the aspects of my personal mindset when dealing w/ sa, thats all. so i apologize if i violated any guidelines.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!!!

#3 ·
Welcome! It sounds like you've had a tough time, I'm sorry.
...But also, Madison_Rose is right--it doesn't always help people when you tell them how much worse off they can be. It seems a bit odd, I suppose, but you'd be surprised how many people feel even worse when they're told that. I don't mean to anger you or anything.

#5 ·
Hey ontourage, welcome to :sas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.