Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the thing, I'm Asian and usually Asian guys don't have that much hair. But in my case, I have GORILLA LEGS...but next to no hair on my arms or body or anywhere else.

So I shaved my legs for the summer.

Is there something wrong with that? -_- I bet Im the only guy on this forum to have shaved his legs.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
no. i do the same. it's a very manly thing to do. i do it for comfort reasons in the summer; as you do. but i also don't shave it, i buzz it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can you grow a beard too? I've always wanted to, but I can't (I'm asian)

I have no opinion on male leg shaving.
Sort of. I got a little goatee going on, but not enough hair for a full out beard. :( Not that I want one.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,175 Posts
This is something that I think one can easily make cracks about but in all honestly more guys do this kind of thing than will admit. Bodybuilders & surfers or beach folk for example are regulars of shaving & not just legs but the chest & back as well. Obviously most guys aren't inclined to be the hairy dude at the beach. Anyway I think so long as you don't discuss it then you're fine

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't shave my legs, but if i had super hairy legs like robin williams hairy then i would consider it, or just wear pants all the time.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Gal here. I definitely think more guys should do that.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I don't shave my legs but would like to, I am afraid of family opinions and the idea that once I start it will just grow back even hairier. Honestly though if it was up to me I would have no hair except on my head, can't stand hair for some reason. Actually I wish I didn't have to deal with head hair either, but I do not like the bald look so I'll keep it.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Is there something wrong with that?
Not at all. Do what YOU want to do. Screw everyone else, even if your view is the minority amongst other men. I've never understand why so many guys go out of their way to uphold the "macho" stigma. I really think homophobia is the root of it all.

The only hair I want is on my head and eyebrows/lashes. Everything else I keep well groomed. And when I say everything, I mean everything. I would like to keep it all shaved, but honestly, it's just way too time consuming and costy (Razors are f'n expensive!). So as an alternative, I run the buzzer over my arms and legs every 2-3 weeks. I use my electric shaver to do my chest, stomach and pubic area every other day or so.

I have and do shave my legs from time to time though. It's a nice feeling actually. I like it. The only problem is a day or two later, I get a lot of red irritation bumps. That's another reason why I usually just buzz it instead of shaving completely.

I would love to get all my body hair permanently removed. But I'm not sure if the technology is quite up to par yet for that sort of thing.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Well I'm a girl, but I don't think there's anything wrong with guys shaving. Whatever makes you comfortable. If I were a guy I don't think I could stand being hairy lol.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I shave my chest

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Gal here. I definitely think more guys should do that.
:lol I found this post kind of funny.

If it bothers you that much go ahead and shave it. Seems like too much work for me and I think I would look odd without any leg hair.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Umm I have Robin Williams/furbie/Hobbit/Frodo/wookie legs. Tried waxing a coupla times... felt pretty awesome (after the first few days right after waxing), but found it hard to keep up the cover story that I was a biker because well... I didn't even have a bike at the time :lol. And it was expensive. Anyway shaving is too much effort/hassle for me and its winter know so I need all the insulation I can get so I let my legs forest-ify :D.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't understand why.. guys are just supposed to be hairy (I am a girl btw). I honestly don't think I have noticed that Asian males are so hairless that it would be logical to shave your legs if you had more hair than average.

However, I have have gotten my husband to wax his unibrow since we first started dating, and while he has never had much chest hair, it grows around his nipples and i thought it looked funny so I got him waxing that too lol. What can I say? I figure if I have to wax all the time, he can at least do that.

I don't consider men grooming themselves like that 'girly' but I do think the leg thing is kinda odd, only because I would notice a guy with hairless legs. I would assume he was a hardcore swimmer, or too young to grow any, lol.

I saw this girl on the subway the other day and she had more leg hair than my husband, so in the end, i guess it really doesn't matter. (she really messed with my head, she was dressed so girly and had a skirt and heels on... and then these hairy man legs!)

·
Registered
289 Posts
The only hair I want is on my head and eyebrows/lashes. Everything else I keep well groomed. And when I say everything, I mean everything. I would like to keep it all shaved, but honestly, it's just way too time consuming and costy (Razors are f'n expensive!). So as an alternative, I run the buzzer over my arms and legs every 2-3 weeks. I use my electric shaver to do my chest, stomach and pubic area every other day or so.
Wow- you need to start waxing. So much less work....

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
I gave this a shot about 2 months ago...well let me tell you I can't wait till my leg hair grows back to how it used to be. I will admit my legs did look sexy cause I have somewhat long and thick muscular legs but I felt so uncomfortable. Every time I wore shorts I felt like people where staring and thinking "wow he shaves his legs?" or something among those lines. It also bothered me that sometimes my legs would look smoother than a womans...creepy.

I'll keep my arm, leg, and chest hair...my pubic I trim every chance I get. Too much is just disgusting.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
A guy who likes my daughter shaved his legs for her as a birthday gift, because she had commented in class about not liking hairy legs on guys. Weird I thought, but at least he was paying attention and gave her something she wanted!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Do whatever you want to do.

And I definitely think shaved legs look better on guys than hairy ones.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts