Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Weird. I don't see anything to suggest you were banned by a moderator :stu. I can only assume it was some weird glitch.

Yes you would get several warnings (and you'd need to have been pretty bad) before you were banned*. Being a long time member you'd also require a moderator vote in order to be banned*.

You can always use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any SAS page to get in touch with Drew if you or anyone else finds themselves banned inexplicably.

edit: * I'm referring to permanent bans.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I confronted a member in a thread who claimed that "something's seriously wrong with me", but that's it.

Good to know that I would get several warnings beforehand.

Ha, yeah...Maybe bunny in a teacup is seen as animal abuse?! :b
Contact me if it happens again via the Contact Us link like mind_games suggested.
The only way a member can be banned outright out of the blue is the duplicate username instance or a spammer/troll bot. That's about it. This is the first time I have ever heard of somebody's account being banned like that (IP similarities???). But yeah, there would DEFINITELY have been numerous warnings, and even previous short-term bans!

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Oh wow, news to me. I got banned out of the blue one day for a misread post without a single warning before hard.
This thread is about an unexplained permanent ban and that's what we are referring to here when we are talking about 'bans' and having no notice.

I logged in a minute ago and it said that I was banned and the ban lift would never be lifted :um. I logged out and then logged in again, and it seemed to have worked...But why did I see that ban notice? Was it a glitch?

If I was banned, I would at least be given a notice...right? I haven't been breaking any rules or guidelines though.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
This thread is about an unexplained permanent ban and that's what we are referring to here when we are talking about 'bans' and having no notice.
So no warning for short term is okay? Just trying to make sure I understand correctly, not trying to cause a ruckus.

(And sorry for taking over your thread a bit PiscesVixen :blank )

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
It depends on the issue really. If it was bad enough (usually personal attacks) a moderator may have decided some time out was needed. If you thought the moderator has misread the situation you can get in touch with Drew and he'll look into it.

Usually though, we don't hand out bans for minor stuff, unless it's a repeat issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts