Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Truckin'
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so fed up being here with my parents. they are obnoxious, LOUD, negative, question everything I do and frankly just annoying people in general. but I can't leave. I can't afford it.

I can't sleep because they never shut the **** up. It's not like they are yelling or fighting, they are nice people... just CONSTANT noise whether talking or ****ing vacuuming, moving furniture, doing dishes, shredding paper into the very late night early morning hours. seriously... I know I make noiuse sometimes but when someone makes it known to the whole household that they are going to bed I shut the **** up... not start vacuuming.

any idea I have that I share is met with 10,000 questions and picked apart. Any plan I make is met with them coming up with 10,000 ways it could go wrong. especially when it comes to my mom. If I say that I want to drive to some place she will ask me what if about everything that might go wrong... I feel like this just fuels my anxiety and it makes me ANGRY to no end when they do this, especially since I always tell them not to do exactly what they do. I think this is the reason I don't tell them much. I just say "hey I'm going out."

the ****ty part is that they really don't care what I do. They have almost NEVER said no, they just like to point out everything that is wrong with the way I think or the way I plan to do something. They are completely supportive of me and would do anything for me and I love them... but I ****ing can't stand them at the same time.

I was actually doing really good all day. I was happy, upbeat, got a good bit done at work, and I didn't let much bother me today... Until I got home... It doesn't happen every day, but it seems like every day I'm in a good mood I get back here and I just want to leave. I spend most of my "at home" time in my room alone, which I think fuels my depression and anxiety, because I'm not talking to anyone and I just sit here wishing I had someone to talk to or hang out with.

am I just being stupid? and has anybody ever been in a situation where they can't get out of the house, and what did you do?

here is just a little example... my dad has been in and out of the bathroom... not from being sick... for the past 2 hours... he goes in there, LOUDLY closes the drawer several times, taps something on the counter a lot, moves something else... yells something to my mom... ****ING GO TO BED! I called him out on it and he said it is MY fault cause I got hair clippings in his contact case... I told him "that doesn't take a ****ing hour to fix" and he said nothing back. WHAT THE ****!

·
Truckin'
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
it literally sounds like he is doing the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts