1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MayTheForceBeWithYou
19,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live Action Jetsons Movie Takes Flight Next Year: Pick Your Judy Now
By Meredith Woerner, 2:29 PM on Tue Jun 9 2009

Source:
http://io9.com/5284971/live-action-jetsons-movie-takes-flight-next-year-pick-your-judy-now

Robert Rodriguez is going full hovermobile ahead with his live-action Jetsons movie. Which means we could be just a year away from seeing Judy Jetson live and in the flesh. So let's talk our dream white-wig casting.

In an interview with MTV Robert Rodriguez revealed that they're writing the script right now and hoping to begin filming next year. So let's get started: who's gonna be the most beloved cartoon girl of the future, with the white hair? Here's what I would like to see.

Rachel Bilson

Why She's Our Space Girlfriend: Look at that innocent face and doe-eyes. Bilson knows how to work it sweet and innocent like no other.
Why She's So 20th Century: Slightly dated actor, so she may not get the part. She may be over the whole high-schooler thing as well.

Elisha Cuthbert

Why She's Our Space Girlfriend: She really looks the part.
Why She's So 20th Century: Elisha you're great, but the acting... well, it's not our favorite thing about you.

Alison Lohman

Why She's Our Space Girlfriend: Full package: looks, youth, acting chops - remember her adorable face in Matchstick Men? she can play any age.
Why She's So 20th Century: I really don't have a problem with her as Judy at all, but she may be a tiny bit too old. On the other hand, this is Hollywood.

Selena Gomez:

Why She's Our Space Girlfriend: This is the most likely of the selections: she'll bring in the tweens and teens, plus she's massive pop fodder and is super adorable.
Why She's So 20th Century: She may be too young. I can't imagine a lot of 20 and 30-somethings getting excited about a character from their past being brought to life by someone they don't really know.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Whoa. I'm not really a fan of the cartoon but if the costumes are like that I'll watch.
ha ha ha

Well, it wasn't a great show to begin with - It was crap. Robert Rodriguez is trying to polish crap to make it look good, but he is only making a bigger mess. Hollywood is going to have a hard time getting the smell off their carpet from this one.
ouch. ha ha ha

you guys crack me up ... yeah probably be crap but would imagine have to be some pretty good special effects for live action. Hopefully not to unreally cgi'ish all the time tho. Since its comedic It'll probably be a goofy mess.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I wonder if it will be a big a masterpiece as the live action flinstones movie.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
If this has Transformers-like graphics and special effects, this could be good. Hopefully Astro doesn't look as bad as Scooby-Doo. I wonder if Orbity will be in it.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Couple of million dollars budget to take a dump on an already cheesy cartoon.

Then again I always thought the show was kind of stupid, even as a kid.

·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
Just because it has Transformers-like-graphics doesn't mean anything.

I curious about Astro Boy. So far it looks like 6 pounds of crap in a two pound bag from what I've seen, but I'm still going to see it. I hope it's something like metropolis (2001). That was a great movie.
You have wonderful "crap" analogies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts