Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mom went into the hospital tuesday and since then she's gone downhill mentally. I can't figure out why, she is acting so mean and disrespectful to the nurses at the hospital and no clue why. She's never ever acted out like this before. She also is being very forgetful too. I know she isn't eating much or sleeping much while there and that's a part of it. But I just don't understand where the rest is coming from.

I mean her sister came out to try and calm her yesterday and she was just in a rage. She actually pushed one of them and a nurse. She had a few strokes in the past about 10yrs ago and didn't act like that. And now I'm feeling completely stressed, because I've got to keep her bills up and have to look to putting her in a nursing homes.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Have you discussed this with the medical staff?

Any new medications she is on can cause these kinds of symptoms. Even dehydration can bring on confusion and aggression.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
she's 61 and they actually had to giver her a sedative yesterday. I just spent like 6hrs out there with her today keeping her company and I feel so worn out atm and don't feel like going into work tomorrow. But she's at the hospital that I work at.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My thoughts and prayers go out to your mother. Hopefully, the medical staff can diagnose and successfully treat the terrible affliction.

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
she's 61 and they actually had to giver her a sedative yesterday. I just spent like 6hrs out there with her today keeping her company and I feel so worn out atm and don't feel like going into work tomorrow. But she's at the hospital that I work at.
That's a lot to go through, especially at 26 years old. I hope the situation improves soon for you and your mother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts