Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting out as much as possible.. going to the gym, going to starbucks to use my laptop instead of hiding at home.
Now I'm trying to work on holding eye contact with people and chatting more. For example, I told a girl at work "I love your boots" and I said goodnight to the security guard and gave her a big smile. Makes me feel better taking these little steps toward being "normal".

:)

·
Existence is purpose
643 Posts
Little steps are the way to go, its helped me. I started by just doing one little thing a day I was scared of, even if its just a tiny thing.
Good on you for looking at things positively. It will have a positive effect on your life, guaranteed. Good luck :).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes! eventually I realize, no one is looking at me. Also it puts me in other peoples shoes.. because I would always notice when I walked past starbucks people would look at me out the window. Now I do that too! It's because they're bored or need a break on their eyes... not because I'm weird :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.