Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/ladies, I saw my doctor the other day and we have discussed myself possibly going on Lithium.

Some quick history: I responded poorly to traditional SSRI's and wellbutrin with many attempts at it; adderall also didn't really work out for me either. I have GAD, SAD, and a more unipolar end of the spectrum mood disorder(general malaise and depression with some episodes). Anyway, I've been on Lamictal(200mg) for awhile and it has helped a bit with my mood, not a whole lot really but I think it's helping prevent any real severe episodes happen(been over a month now that I haven't just had a weird depressed episode of feeling helpless and the likes; so that's a good thing.

Anyway, to the point. I am skeptical about Lithium(like I am about everything) so I told him I would read up on it and discuss it with him next week. I have read mixed stuff about it.......and I know I won't depend on others experiences to decide if I should try it or not(I will most likely be going on it but I just like to research stuff before I try for the hell of it, some OCD habit I have I guess, haha); but I do think it will be helpful to just get some peoples experiences with it; or any actual knowledge of the medicine itself. So to those of you that took/take it I would appreciate any and all feedback, thanks.

-What do you take Lithium for?

-How long have you taken it?

-What dose do you take?

-Any bad side effects that you felt? Is the risk of toxicity high?

-In general how to you feel it helped you? Depression? Moods? Episodes?

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey radiohead

ive been on lithium for about 1-2 years. I went on lithium because of my severe mood swings. remember, lithium is the strongest mood stabelizer out there with the longest list of side effects. it has worked for me 100%... i know longer have those mood swings. the dose I am on now is 900 mg in the morning and 900mg at nite..... now the thing with lithium is they will do blood work and adjust the dose until it is at the correct level... so the mg will be different for everyone. So far i have not had one side effect. if you have any other questions just ask... hope this helps :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.