Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
?
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with either of these medications?

I went to the-rapist today and he prescribed me those two meds.

I read about 'em online and from everything I've read it said that they were best for managing Mania and providing a calming effect.

I heard nothing about lithium or depakote raising a persons mood.

I cannot understand why he prescribed them to me. He knows I have Bipolar depression, heavy on the depression, so why would he give me something that would blunt my mood even more than it already is?

My Mania has never been a problem. In fact I love my mania as it's the only time I feel like a normal person.

Anyways, my concern is what are the meds going to do to me when I'm already depressed 97% of the time? I imagine myself walking around in a daze, no feeling, no emotion, like this ---> :blank

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Gracias!

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
I *think* Depakote works predominantly on mania, and lithium purportedly works on both poles (depression and hypo/mania) but is more effective at treating mania overall.
Conversely Lamictal seems to be the current popular choice for bipolar disorder associated with primarily depressive episodes, it seems to work the best for the depressive phase of bipolar, but doesn't help much with mania.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts