Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
List all the supplements you take and how often you take them.

I take one of each of these every morning:

Multivitamin
5htp (mood)
B12 (nervous system)
Milk Thistle (liver)

I have a ephedra/caffeine supplement coming in the mail but I won't take that more than a few times a week not daily. That's for aiding in weight loss. I also take protein shakes since I don't eat meat.

·
Unabridged
148 Posts
2 Men's Kirkland Multivitamin for extra vitamins and minerals, 4,000mg of Fish Oil for depression and OCD, 2 Veg Capsules of Now Mood Support for improved mood, 1000mg of Calcium for bone strength, 2 Scoops of Muscle Milk Protein Shake for muscle recovery, 2 Tablespoons of Flaxeed for depression, 1 Teaspoon of Optimum Nutrition Creatine for increased energy and explosive power, 3oz of Homemade Energy Gel for increased energy while running, 2 Tablespoons of Brewer's Yeast for depression. All taken daily.

·
happy :)
606 Posts
bio zinc - for healthy skin and defense for immune system plus great supplement for health sperm count.
vitamin d3 - bones
vitamin b complex - anxiety and stress
fish oil capsules 1000mg - athritis prevention
mutivitamin- general vitamin
caltrate 600mg - for my osteoporosis
taken everyday

and thats about all i use to take milk thistle for my liver
and vitamin c for kidneys

·
Registered
751 Posts
Royal jelly,
Multi vitamin
Collagen
Skin hair nails vitamin
Biotin
Goji berries
Vitamin b complex
Pueraria mirifica

Everyday.

·
On the Road to Normal
219 Posts
I have taken many, many supplements, and some are rotated depending on current needs, but the ones I'm taking at the moment are:

Every day:

Fish oil: I found it to be helpful for my mood, although I started taking it for other health benefits

Multi: I found that if I take it before I go to bed, I feel more awake in the mornings.

Milk Thistle: Just started taking this and I was amazed at how much energy it gave me! Obviously my liver needs a serious detox.

Off and on: Magnesium and potassium. If I don't get enough of these in my diet, I get bad leg cramps.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Opti-Men (vitamins and minerals) and that's about it, I like to spend money on something else than other supplements, like quality food.

I see most people spending hundreds of dollars on supplements and eating like crap, they still don't get it that nutrition is way more important than some pills, protein powder or stuff like that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Multivitamin w/ iron
Adrenal gland supplement (a blend which includes schisandra fruit and ashwagandha)
GABA
Fish oil omega 3

I'm about to start taking n-acetyl cysteine again as well.

I think that's everything...

·
On the Road to Normal
219 Posts
I see most people spending hundreds of dollars on supplements and eating like crap, they still don't get it that nutrition is way more important than some pills, protein powder or stuff like that.
Very true. I believe in supplements and many of them have helped me, but nothing can be a miracle cure for not eating healthy. People often do the same with exercise -- they think if they work out 6x a week they can eat all the junk they want to. A holistic approach is much more successful.

·
~ in the ether ~
611 Posts
I'll start with the anti-anxiety supplements... Ashwagandha root, 5htp, picamilon, B-complex stress tab w/vit C, suntheanine...

2000 mgs vit D in fish oil, milk thistle, burdock root, NAC, inositol/choline, TMG, alpha lipoic, biotin...

Cramp bark/fennel/ginger root when having my period. I also have ginger root/turmeric as both are good for inflammation...

Occasional phenibut, which makes me a little speedy, & talkative.

I get a ton of exercise, a lot of it at work... Have a berry/probiotic smoothie every workday...

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
I used to just take a multi-vitamin every day, but I now add 15 - 30mg of Zinc, 5'000 IU of vitamin D3. Also have some 100mg 5-HTP a few hours before bed.
I feel a bit better all in all.

·
Freesix88
952 Posts
Low on budget:
Out of magnesium and also out of some huge multivitamin from opti men.
suntheanine
true focus from now
vitamin c
melatonin
5 htp
passionflower
rhodiola rosea / ginkgo biloba
vinpocetine
oh yeah fish oil and creatine too

Sometimes I switch around. Wouldn't it be bad to take so many supplement for your kidneys/lvier/stomach what else.

Don't believe that much anymore in that. I stay using till I ran out. Just eat well.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts