Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Have any of you heard of the Linden Method?
www.LindenCenter.info
I'd like to see if there's anyone here who has tried it. What are your thoughts?
I have just started the Linden Method. The download version is only $87, so it is well worth the try. I have already started on the program and I would like everyone to know that the main reason why people who use the program do not come here and talk about it is bc one of the first "pillars" of the program is to not talk about anxiety, not read about it, and basically pretend it does not exist. The goal of the program is to retrain the subconscious mind and to "re-wire" the brain. I believe this is a much better, safer, and more effective approach to drug therapy as the drugs will never cure anything and we will be on them for life. The withdrawal is horrible and our symptoms come back 100 times worse.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks!

I have just started the Linden Method. The download version is only $87, so it is well worth the try. I have already started on the program and I would like everyone to know that the main reason why people who use the program do not come here and talk about it is bc one of the first "pillars" of the program is to not talk about anxiety, not read about it, and basically pretend it does not exist. The goal of the program is to retrain the subconscious mind and to "re-wire" the brain. I believe this is a much better, safer, and more effective approach to drug therapy as the drugs will never cure anything and we will be on them for life. The withdrawal is horrible and our symptoms come back 100 times worse.
Great report! Thank you.

·
David H.
28 Posts
I'd be interested to hear how this program works for people. I used Overcoming SA Step-by-Step by Dr. Richards (CBT based) and that worked really well for me, and in the Linden method promo the creator kind of knocks CBT as not all that effective. So i'm very curious too bruno how this turns out for you.

But it actually sounds like all the same lines of rewriing the brain with CBT, so not being on forums etc does make sense, it just reinforces the SA. I actually didn't join the forums until after I made a ton of progress, just happened that way.

·
Banned
17 Posts
But it actually sounds like all the same lines of rewriing the brain with CBT, so not being on forums etc does make sense, it just reinforces the SA. I actually didn't join the forums until after I made a ton of progress, just happened that way.
That's a load of crap. One of the best things I ever did was go on forums... you're not on here to be antisocial, you're on here to acquire and learn information that will help you get over whatever problems you're having... and the only reason you're on a forum is because you want to meet with like minded people.

Think about other forums you've been on in the past:

You go on when you have a problem to communicate with like-minded people, then once you no longer have the problem there is no longer a need for a forum, and you just naturally stop going on that forum because you got what you needed out of it (unless you stick around to help other people).

Forums are probably the best way to track down large groups of people who are going through what you're going through and collaboratively learn through the spread of information.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Naturally we all want to find people who are like us. Obviously it is a good place to find info and connect with other people, at the same time, it is not "crap" at all if u understand how the brain works and how our subconcious is extremely powerful, hence the concept of refraiming from reinforcing your subconcious that u "have" anxiety. Talking about anxiety and constantly reinforcing the subconcious that u "have" it can, in fact, strengthen it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
its very mediocre. theres far better options out there.

the linden method offers 2 things :

1)knowledge
2) programming cds

the knowledge is nothing spectacular at all and neither are the cds.

all the knowledge you'll ever need on social anxiety can be found in gillian butlers book - overcoming shyness and social anxiety with cbt. and there are far better ways to programme your mind than the linden method. there is lots and lots of hypnosis and nlp stuff out there that is far superior to lindens methods

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of unsubstantiated hogwash, dont talk about anxiety what is it fight club? Do CBT and /or Mindfulness if you want to get better without drugs or some other therapy with science backing it up.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of unsubstantiated hogwash, dont talk about anxiety what is it fight club? Do CBT and /or Mindfulness if you want to get better without drugs or some other therapy with science backing it up.
haha fight club ! :clapi like it

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have tried it, and it has worked wonders for me. Here's an article I wrote about my experience:

Anxiety and panic attacks prevent people from doing things they like. From simple day to day activities such as going to the supermarket or out to a movie, the crippling effects of anxiety and panic keep them prisoners in their own home.

Many medications may offer assistance to these conditions, benzodiazepines, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), tricyclic antidepressants, to name a few. They can be costly and they don't work for everyone. And not everyone wants to rely on a pill to feel better. Furthermore, these medications often have side effects.

I have been suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for over 10 years. There were days when I couldn't even muster up the courage to go to work without thinking I would have a panic attack. Like most sufferers, I avoided those situations.

I ended up missing a lot of work and that made me more anxious. It wasn't just work that terrified me, it was any social situation. I was losing friendships because I was always cancelling plans with friends, not because I didn't want to go out and have fun, but because I was afraid that I would have another panic attack.

I have read countless books and read articles upon articles on the internet, searching for a cure. I ended up in the hospital emergency room six times in one year. I was not able to pay the hospital bills. All of these things were making me more and more anxious and panicky.

During the worst times, I even considered taking my own life just to escape the daily torment I was experiencing, living an anxious life and worrying that I would have another attack, wondering when it would happen and where.
I wasn't even able to visit my own mother. I was too embarrassed to tell her that something was wrong.

While searching online, I discovered something that I haven't seen before. Someone and claimed to develop a program to cure these demons that had preventing me from living a normal life for so long. His name is Charles Linden.
Like me, Charles claimed to have suffered the same things I did and more. Aside from the agoraphobia, he also had problems with depersonalization, obsessive compulsive disorder and other anxiety related mental illnesses.

I watched his presentation on YouTube and looked on his website, reading through many testimonials by people who claimed to have used his product successfully - that is, they were free of panic.

I decided to try "The Linden Method" which was backed up by a money back guarantee. Even though I had nothing to lose, I was still skeptical.
After using the program, I can honestly say that it has been three months since I've

had an anxiety attack. My mother was so happy to see me. I am able to get groceries instead of eating macaroni and cheese. I was able to go back to work without fear of having another panic attack; without the help of any medication.

The Linden Method teaches you how to train your mind to not react irrationally in normal situations. After spending so much money on anxiety cures and scams, I have finally found something that worked!

If you are like me and have suffered so many years with anxiety and panic, you owe it to yourself to try this program.
When it comes to finally curing anxiety and panic attacks, I wholeheartedly recommend the wonderful resource that Charles Linden developed, The Linden Method.

There you have it. If you have any questions, please ask!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts