Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Should the 50 post limit be lifted/extended ?

• Keep it

Votes: 39 57.4%
  • Lift it

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Extend it (60 posts , 70 posts .. shorter waiting time .. etc.)

Votes: 17 25.0%
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should the 50 post limit on SAS be lifted this year ?

Should it at least be extended ?

When you think about it .. it's just 5 times , 10 posts . I mean , I'm not a hikikomori .. I went out twice today ... ... and I still managed to hit the post limit , cause .. well . I just have a lot to say .... useful , elaborate stuff to say .

·
back to fantasyland
1,386 Posts
Nope shouldn't be lifted. Instead every time a thread is made on this topic they should reduce the post limit everyday by 1 until we get down to 20 because some people post way to much.

·
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
1,487 Posts
I voted extend, and then I saw the thread titled "Do You Like Pooping?"

What a terrible, terrible mistake I have made.

·
Banned
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope shouldn't be lifted. Instead every time a thread is made on this topic they should reduce the post limit everyday by 1 until we get down to 20 because some people post way to much.
Mann .. du Spielverderber , du .

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Within the last week I hit the 50 post per day limit. Obviously I had way too much time on my hands.

·
Super Moderator
34,556 Posts
Shorter waiting time. Current one is ridiculous. I've only hit the limit a few times but when you do, it's crazy.

·
See? No more pain
4,162 Posts
Still think the limit is silly. I hit it the first day that I joined, after getting involved in a debate and making eager (and particularly wholesome) posts around the forum. I don't have many days where I feel as eager to contribute to this forum as much, mainly because of the post limit, as I never know when it'd be better to post or best to "conserve." I hate having to make that decision, anyway. I want to get better at voicing my opinion and participating in arguments, and the post limit impedes on that to great extent. I also think some areas of the forum should just have post count increments disabled, like "Just for Fun" or "The First Step," as both encourage rather shallow or spammy posts.

I've only reached the post limit once, but the limit was reset about 2 hours later anyway.
The entire limit? I've reached the limit on numerous occasions, and the limit would only seem to reset in its entirety if I spent a whole 24 hours away following my most recent post. Otherwise observed, it resets incrementally, which is annoying as **** since I just hit the post limit again and again after every or every other post I make, having to wait more or less time between each one. (For sake of convenience, I prefer to post whenever I want to)

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,336 Posts
50 posts in a day would be cool, instead of 50 posts in 24 hours.

Sometimes I make another post without thinking instead of adding a quote to an existing post I've made. I then delete that post, but it still counts to the limit.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I don't like to judge but how do so many people reach 50 posts a day?, I'm a borderline Internet addict that hangs out too much on SAS and even if I comment in every thread that interest me I barely reach 10-15 messages a day.

·
See? No more pain
4,162 Posts

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,336 Posts
I don't like to judge but how do so many people reach 50 posts a day?, I'm a borderline Internet addict that hangs out too much on SAS and even if I comment in every thread that interest me I barely reach 10-15 messages a day.
It's probably happened 10 or so times to me in the last year - 365 days, not since January (since I've been posting a lot more.) I post in a lot of threads, usually a few times in a few threads too, and type quickly. I can make like ten posts in an hour on some occasions.

It really depends on the day and how many threads are of any interest to me. Usually my average is about 20 something though.

I've posted 25 already today (since 12am)

Then I usually post in one of those just for fun threads like 'post what you're listening to right now' a few times, I'm always listening to something.

·
Super Moderator
34,556 Posts
I don't like to judge but how do so many people reach 50 posts a day?
Some people like to post. Most people won't hit 50 posts every day even if they occasionally hit it. Like I said, I've rarely ever hit that. But I have my days when I'm especially talkative. A lot of us never talk to anyone offline so this is where we vent. Is it really surprising that people who need to vent will do a lot of it when they can?

Internet is a hobby. Just like anything else. Some people are more into it than others.

·
Bleep blorp blop bip boop
3,947 Posts
The whole point of the 50 post limit is to protect the site from spammers, right?

I will never, ever reach 50 in a day...I don't know if I've even made it to 20 in one day...so obviously I'm cool with the 50 post limit. I guess it depends on how many threads a mod/admin feels like cleaning up if a spammer comes on here. Does a posting limit protect against a D.O.S. attack? Somebody could probably create some script that would enable them to post endless amounts of garbage if there was no limit. Maybe not though. I don't think the 50 post limit is to 'punish' everyday responsible users though. It probably has some value.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Extending it gives me more freedom, so I'm all for it - even though I practically never reach the limit.

However, what are the downsides to lifting/extending the limit for the forum in general?

I voted extend, and then I saw the thread titled "Do You Like Pooping?"

What a terrible, terrible mistake I have made.
:haha
The entire limit? I've reached the limit on numerous occasions, and the limit would only seem to reset in its entirety if I spent a whole 24 hours away following my most recent post. Otherwise observed, it resets incrementally, which is annoying as **** since I just hit the post limit again and again after every or every other post I make, having to wait more or less time between each one. (For sake of convenience, I prefer to post whenever I want to)
Yes, incrementally is the word. Every hour it gives you 2 posts back. That's why you need a whole 'postless' day to reset your limit entirely.
That's because your posts are well thought out and written. Those who reach the 50 post limit are most likely those who write many cheap jokes or one-liners.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts