Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel really stuck in a rut right now. Springs coming and I can feel the warm weather will be here soon. Usually this makes people happy but not me. I'm not thrilled with my weight. I've been using food as a crutch to get me through life... I'm almost 150 lbs (and I'm a girl). My weight used to be 112. I won't get into the whole lengthy history of my food with relationship but it's been an up and down battle (I guess anorexic tendencies to binge eating). Binge eating really takes a toll on your health. Today I went out for breakfast with my mom and got the biggest meal on the menu probably. I came home and slept for three hours because I felt so full and disgusting. I still feel really sluggish. Not eating properly and lack of exercise greatly contributes to my depression. Not to mention I get even more lonely in the summer because this is the time everyone goes out to the beach or to summer parties looking good and having a good time. I exclude myself from these gatherings when I don't feel 'pretty enough'. I'm also in exams, and I can't find the motivation to make it through the next few weeks. It seems like I can't exercise and eat healthy and concentrate on school. It has to be one or the other, because they both require so much effort it seems impossible to do both at the same time.

Plus the stress of school is enough to make me want to eat. I'm also really sad because I don't have a boyfriend, but that's a whole different story. Plus I need to start looking for a summer job. I hate jobs because they are so anxiety provoking. At least in school I can go about my business and not have to interact with people that much. Plus I don't want to go work somewhere feeling bad about my weight. It's like a viscious circle that I don't know how to break out of. I don't know what to do... I literally want to fly to an isolated island right now and just sit and think and reflect and be. Sometimes I wish I could just live a simple life like they did in the hunter-gatherer days. Even the 1800's for that matter. Ugh.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
150lbs isn't that much, how tall are you? Easier said than done, I know, but try to stop worrying about your looks and your weight. I sometimes binge eat and feel yucky too, but tomorrow is always another day, another chance to eat something healthy and go for a walk/run/swim.

You may not find it easy, but make the effort to take some kind of exercise, then pat yourself on the back for doing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts