Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Author
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you made up stories just so you could make friends? I know everybody lies, small lies here and there and some big ones. I have lied to people just because I assumed they'd like me more. I started with small lies and as I began to make friends the lies became bigger. Those lies were eventually uncovered and the friends were lost. Now I have zero friends and at my age (38) I feel I'm too old to make new friends. My longing for friends has been with me since I was a child. I believe growing up with no friends is now catching up to me. I should be focusing on other things but lately, being friendless has been all I think about.

·
Author
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
* i' 3 8

·
Depressed
156 Posts
It's usually like that. Especially if you're not one of those who agree with the collective opinions. After I stopped caring about friends who know nothing about me I became as honest as one could be, and guess what? Not a single friend now. But it feels good to be free of the pressure of feeling the need to be accepted by those who would not agree with any of your honest thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts