Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with Librium? Because it seems to be so mild, I plan on asking my psychiatrist to consider prescribing it to me (despite my recent misuse - not abuse - of Xanax) because a) I've already been forcibly dropped (with a letter grade of F) from one of my college classes because of absences due to SA, and b) the only things that have been effective for my anxiety in the past tend to work on GABA. The Zoloft I am taking seems to finally be helping with my depression a little, though the relief comes in bursts throughout the day followed by bouts of fatigue and melancholy; however, it does not seem to be helping with my anxiety at all. Anyway, 25mg of Librium is apparently equal to 0.5mg of Xanax, but Librium also comes in doses of 5mg and 10mg, which I can only assume are comparable to the 2mg and 5mg doses of Valium, respectively. So does anyone have any experience with Librium? What is it like? Is it like any of the other benzos, or are its effects fairly unique? I have experience with Xanax and Valium - both had a quick onset of action, but I could usually "feel" the Xanax kicking in while the Valium's effects tended to just slowly escalate throughout each day. I imagine Librium's effects are similar to Valium's, but I am unsure (hence this thread :b). So any relevant responses are appreciated! Thanks.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Librium is very long acting.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm aware of that, Medline :b I am more interested in personal experiences. The hard facts about Librium are widely available.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
...fairly unique?
I have no experience with Librium.

But since you're in the educational system I can help you a little bit with your education. Nothing can be "fairly unique". Unique means one of a kind. Nothing can be fairly one of a kind. Quite often you'll hear people speak of things that are "very unique" as if something can be very one of a kind.

Now you can dislike me just as much as an annoying English teacher, but at least I'm annoying for free.:lol

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually enjoy grammar Nazism, but I don't always adhere to the rules myself :b

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I took Librium a couple of times and it felt like... a benzo. ;) Sorry, there's nothing more I can say about it, it just took long for the effects to wear off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.