Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Loser
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just 2 weeks on 20mg Lexapro now. I can see good results yet. I'm yet much more easy with other prople now, like in the supermarket and stuff. I wonder how it will work in 4-6 weeks. I was on 40mg Celexa before. Only after one day off Celexa the side effects where gone. No tiredness and fatigue anymore and sexual side effects (I had full libido but was barely able to orgasm) were blown away!

Klonopin works well, too. I take 1-2mg PRN. I find it much more anxiolytic and relaxing (probably because it's an anticonvulsant) and not that tired making than Ativan and Valium I was on in the past.

Of course it's not getting me totally rid of SA but it's making it ALOT better!

I might ask my P-Doc about adding Wellbutrin, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Great to hear that Lexapro + Klonopin as needed is working so good for you. Adding Wellbutrin might be an option, but as you have no SSRI-induced sexual dysfunction and no fatigue it is probably not necessary. Or do you have energy/motivation problems?

PS: Don't forget that the Lexapro hasn't fully kicked in yet, so you will improve further over the next weeks. ;)

·
Loser
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i got a energy/motivation problems in a way, mainly because I didn't do anything since a long time and just hanging out doing nothing at home. Kinda out of routine! Would you recommend meds for it or just work on getting active again?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
With the Lexapro + Klonopin as needed working good you are now able to get active again, which most likely wasn't possible before because of medium-severe SA. I don't think you need an extra med like Wellbutrin.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
I know you are very much for meds. ;) I think he should wait some time until the Lexapro fully kicks before adding new stuff. But there is no right or wrong to this questions...

·
Registered
676 Posts
I tried adding clonazepam to my 30 mg lex and 5mg adderall combo and while it helps with my anxiety a decent amount I believe it makes my depression worse and... I don't know... makes me feel very odd in some weird way. I also just slept for 26 hours straight while on it. Obviously it makes me sedated as well/hell.

·
Loser
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lex works better and better. Klonopin is still great. OK, I'm not healed but I'm way better than before. No sexual side effects. But I'm a little tired something (also 'cause I'm currently taking Cetirizine as well). Maybe I'll ask for Well, too, I'm curious about it.

·
Loser
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So Lex works extremly well as well as Klonopin. But with the increasing success the fatigue increased also. However, since I want to keep that combo I'll will ask my doc to add Wellbutrin. I hope he will put me on it since one of my friend failed to get it from him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts