Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been here in a while but just wanted to give a quick update of my experience so far. I started Lexapro in August with 10mg, this did not really do much except have sexual side effects. I was bumped up to 15mg about a month ago and I can kind of feel a bit of different, especially with my mood, but nothing spectacular. I'm seeing my pdoc today and will ask to be bumped up to 20mg and start Wellbutrin XL.

I'll give that a couple months and see what happens.

On a more positive note, I took some Inderall for a few presentations in front of groups of people and it was AMAZING! No sweating, no racing heart, no mumbling and no speed talking. I could even think while giving the presentation. This is truly a miracle drug for performance anxiety!!!! :clap

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just got back from the doctor. He gave me some Wellbutrin SR (150mg for a week then 150mg twice per day). He wouldn't bump up the Lexapro just yet but will do so in about three weeks.

·
The Power Of Nature
6,010 Posts
Good luch with the wellbutrin, could work great to make you more prosocial.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That's great about the inderal! Hope the wellbutrin works for you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the usual lexapro max is 20, seems it never helped you much
I'm at 15mg right now so I want to see how it feels at the max of 20mg before giving up on it. I will start the 20mg dosage in about three weeks, once the Wellbutrin settles in my system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I, totally, agree about the Inderal (Propranolol).. I was prescribed Inderal about 20 years ago for a tremor in my left arm. The permanent tremor was believed to have been caused by the use of an older anti-depressant... Little did I know that the same drug would end up managing my anxiety... It was truly amazing....

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
good luck on the wellbutrin sr. It didnt really help me. lexapro will take some time I hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts