Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the Windows version of iTunes for a few months. I like it except for the fact that you can't upload songs to players other than iPods without some weird workarounds. I just got an old MP3 CD player from my mom that she bought for herself and never used. I was annoyed to learn that iTunes will only let you burn regular audio CDs from music downloaded from the service, not mp3 CDs which only allows you to put 15-20 songs on a disc as opposed to hundreds. However, you can make MP3 CDs of music you rip from your own CDs.

I don't want to have to buy an iPod because I think they're overpriced and too much for my needs anyway (Who the heck has 20 gigs of music?). Plus, I would prefer to be able to play stuff in WinAmp, my music player of choice, and iTunes files will only play in iTunes. Does anyone have any experience with Musicmatch, the new incarnation of Napster, or any of the other legal music download services. Which ones allow you to copy songs to players and CDs with the least amount of hassle?

·
Banned
4,462 Posts
I have an ipod and I have 18 gigs worth of music on it. ;) I've ripped all 150 Cd's of mine and put them on my ipod about a year and a half ago. I now have over 400 albums on my ipod. My ipod is convenient for me since I have so much music, but If you don't have much music then they're a waste of money.

You don't need an Ipod anyway. You could get one of those flash mp3 players. Those are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
435 Posts
*hides his giant binders full of mp3s*

i have nothing but legal music. i don't understand why anyone would need that much music. drink milk. stay in school. :tiptoe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts