Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I was diagonsed with an Unspecified Learning Disability, which effect my motor skills(which explains why I suck at sports/dancing/etc), processing speed(I have trouble thinking/acting on the spot, acting under pressure), executive functioning and oral skills. I wonder if the problems from my LD caused my SA(chicken and egg problem) since I had problems with things like stuttering and sports since I was little. Was anybody else ever diagonsed with LD or have similar problems.

·
Explode or Implode
83 Posts
I've been wondering if I have a learning disability since I've started college. I have trouble remembering things or processing information quickly. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet but I'm sure my mind isn't functioning at its optimum level. My memory and processing problems make it hard to have conversations with people at my work or with anyone who has a sharp mind, by the time I think of something witty to say the chance has already passed. I also have trouble remembering the orders of some of our regular customers if I don't see them for a while. A learning disability can definitely have an impact on social anxiety.

Now the task is to figure out a way to correct or at least compensate for the problem, if I had any advice I'd let you in on it but I'm at the process myself in learning what my exact difficulties are. I'm taking a learning skills assessment class right now which will pinpoint my problems and identify ways around them. I know you said you've already been diagnosed by your psychologist but perhaps taking a similar class may help you discover ways to deal with your difficulties. :) Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts