Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am usually a mere participant in Bible studies, I usually go about once a week. But because of my "expertise" on the subject tonight I agreed to lead it! I have had my notes ready for a week now, I am set.

I picked up my notes this afternoon to go over them really quick and suddenly I said, "I don't want to do this!" and my heart started pounding. I am taking deep breaths and smiling to try to calm myself. I am praying about this. The study is amongst friends who will tell me that I did great even if I mess up. This will be a good experience for me and I will succeed even if it's only that I simply do it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
wow, ..that is really ..cool!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry that I forgot to post an update! What was I thinking?? It ended up going really well! :) I was very nervous at first, of course! But once I got going it went well, it helped that I knew the topic really well. One of my friends (who is the complete opposite of socially anxious!) said that she saw a whole new side of me when I lead the Bible study. Everyone said that I did a great job and they all wanted copies of my notes because they wanted to study it on their own!

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's great Daphne! It sounds like you made quite a breakthru. I imagine that would have been hard for most people, but considering you have SA I think it's awesome.

Keep pushing the boundaries :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thats so Cool Daphne.....

what a Praise for God!
gives me hope,
from you sharing whats happening !

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm so glad it went well for you. Leading anything can be pretty tough, for sure. It's so good that it was all for a spiritual cause too. Those pre-performance jitters can be tough to get past, good job!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
battle said:
That's great! did you use a medicine or did you manage without?
I haven't ever taken any meds for SA. I took some for depression for a while, though, that was a long time ago. So, no meds :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts