Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone start college in their late twenties or in their thirties? Did your classmates treat you differently or the same as everyone else? I know it's hard to make friends with sa, but was it even harder because you were older, or do you think it was about the same? If the last time you sat in a classroom was back in high school, did you find college harder because you have been out of school for so long? Thanks for answering.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I'm 26 I don't know if that qualifies as late but I'm back in school. I don't think anybody cares or even knows that I'm a little older. The only thing is I don't really have much in common with them because of the age difference. I find college easier now then when I went when I was a little younger because I'm a little more mature and my priorities are more realistic.

·
anhedonic
2,005 Posts
In my classes, there are plenty of "late starters." There was a 70 year old in one of my classes last semester, so don't worry. You might even bond with someone else because you two are the only older ones. Most of the non-trad students in my classes usually keep to themselves, anyway.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, cool. It wasn't really a big concern for me, but I was mainly just curious about it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
how old are you, anyway?

i'm 31 and i'm going to school again for what feels like the hundreth time. i was self concious, especially in chemistry lab but there are definitely older people in both of my lectures.

the main thing that was harder for me was the disadvantage of having such a large gap since i last attended. for example, i had to teach myself the first half of chemistry so that i could pass the next corresponding course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts