Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do people look down on people who dont go out and buy the latest game console or game but wait to til the price is goes down. I thinking of getting a PS3 after christmas with my christmas money, after having a PS2 for years and refusing to follow the trend, i want a PS3 now and really want to play MW3 and Arkham City, does this make me strange?

·
Credible Hulk
1,775 Posts
It's not strange. Few people are rich enough to buy every new release as it comes out. It's only normal to wait a while with most games.

·
Giraffe bacon
138 Posts
Gaming is an expensive hobby these days and it's always a good idea to wait if you can.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Shoot, for a second I had hoped this thread would be about this;

·
Registered
612 Posts
The only people who care are elitist idiots. Enjoy playing whatever game you want, it's better than never playing it at all. If you get a PS3 now, you'll have a huge library of games available, the majority of which will be relatively cheap. Sounds like a win to me.

·
Banned
8,009 Posts
Nope its fine, really who cares what you buy or not? Arkham citys only 22 pound on ps3 now when it was 40 two months ago, but watch out for dlc since they really aren't worth it usually. Most popular games half in price within a month or two apart from mw3 and fifa really (fifa did last year but im still waiting on its price to drop for me to buy it). And you will save loads of money by coming in late too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Shoot, for a second I had hoped this thread would be about this;
I saw this thread and immediately thought the same.
What a great short film.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not in the slightest. I often buy older games. Heck I still go back and try SNES and NES games that I didn't play before :).

·
Pronouced Tech-Oh
199 Posts
Nope - I'm primarily a PC game, but I just bought a 360 about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I waited for the PS3 to go down to $250 before I purchased one. Most games I buy are in the $15-20 range brand new as well. Only game I've bought lately that has been more than that was mw3 for $40.

I do this with everything, I love tablets - however I always buy last generation.. Much cheaper and usually not to many differences.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
who cares what people think

I own both a PS3/360 but have been playing PS2 era games more often then the new games because I basically missed out on the entire previous gen because I actually had a life back then.

Now that my life is gone I want to go back and check out all the stuff i missed out on when i was a social being

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I don't have any of the latest consoles. I only get to use my brothers xbox 360 when I'm over there visiting or what not:)

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
I'm mainly a PC person, I still have the non-slim PS2 so I can play my old PS1 games on it. I don't care much for 360 or PS3 at all and even the menu interfaces confuse me. PC games the only one I cared about buying brand new was Skyrim and BF3. I wished I didn't buy BF3 when it came out....

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I'm mainly a PC person, I still have the non-slim PS2 so I can play my old PS1 games on it. I don't care much for 360 or PS3 at all and even the menu interfaces confuse me. PC games the only one I cared about buying brand new was Skyrim and BF3. I wished I didn't buy BF3 when it came out....
why? garbage?

·
Abendfuchs
1,357 Posts
I don't buy game systems because I'd rather put the money into my PC. Plus there are 3 major game systems, and with exclusive titles, like no way I'm dealing with all that. So I'm PC-gaming only. I'm not even into the popular games, Planetside and Trackmania can keep me occupied for years.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
If my parents didn't throw out my precious N64 and its games after I went to university I'd totally still be playing it! :b

Anyway, I'm an echo, but no, you're not strange. I don't have a PS3 either but do intend to buy one in the next year. In the meantime I'm having fun with my Wii and feel no pressure to have the latest shiny new games. They'll be just as new and shiny when I eventually start playing. ;) Plus, when it comes to consoles (or any technology), it really does NOT hurt to give it a year or so to ensure there aren't any issues with it before buying (if you can stand it).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts