1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have similar problems?
How is dating/relationships?

-Im almost 30 and still live at home.
-I have a crappy job for now, I have a Business degree I got last spring but can't seem to land a decent job.
-I have loose skin from weight loss that makes me insecure

I've had relationships before(not many) and it seemed to somehow workout.

I guess i'm just looking for "success" stories from people in similar situations bc when I start thinking about it, it gets me depressed.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I think it's fine. I don't live with my parents and no girls have ever been attracted to me at all, so I don't think your circumstances are enough to turn people off.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,372 Posts
I live with my mum (and brother) and don't have a job, but my skins pretty tight and I'm in my.. Is it still early 20s or mid? Well not late anyway.

·
Soothsayer
4,756 Posts
Yup. Though. I tend to really suck.

I'm what you would call~

a no-lifer.

Never had a relationship and I quit the one job I got on the first day. Live with parents. My siblings hate me. Also I have a goat that is probably going to be dead when I wake up tomorrow.

Do you feel better yet.

Also I am fat.

*success*

·
Registered
694 Posts
Welp, I can def relate:

Early twenties, living at home, and I'm ... actually ... about ... to ... admit ... this: I've never been in a relationship. :eek:

Well at least we know now that we're not the only ones. Coming on this website has shown me that and it makes me feel a little better.

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
you can get surgery to fix the loose skin. congrats on the weight loss! ;D

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Yep it is fine....

Around 30 here... at home with mum still (My mum is actually terminally ill and I help with her care... chicks dont mind).

No job (Well, I still get money rolling in because i'm a carer for my mother).

I guess it seems better on paper.... My mum is terminally ill and i'm the caring son. A lot of women respect that. Actually I have been complimented for it with women saying "You should be proud of yourself" or "I respect what you do".

However if my mum was well and I was in the same position now (jobless).Women wouldn't give me 2 mins of their time.

In a way i'm disguising my mental illness and excuse for not working in the shape of caring for my mum. However if i'm honest, people will assume i'm a lazy ******* and a waste of space.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I'm almost 32 and live with my parents. My income is all over the place, but I pay rent though and its just easier this way. I also recently met this woman who seem understanding about me living with my parents and wasn't bothered by it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm almost 32 and live with my parents. My income is all over the place, but I pay rent though and its just easier this way. I also recently met this woman who seem understanding about me living with my parents and wasn't bothered by it.
Do you or anyone else ever feel like you can't/shouldn't be in a relationship or try and approach girls bc you still live at home? That always runs through my mind when I meet a girl and sometimes think about just ending things bc it wouldn't even be able to work...this always runs through my head even though I've had relationships in the past where it didn't seem to be an issue.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Do you or anyone else ever feel like you can't/shouldn't be in a relationship or try and approach girls bc you still live at home? That always runs through my mind when I meet a girl and sometimes think about just ending things bc it wouldn't even be able to work...this always runs through my head even though I've had relationships in the past where it didn't seem to be an issue.
Its not something I will just mention right off in the beginning because it does have that stigma about it. People tend to over analyze things and just hearing that would be a turn off. Usually after they get to know me better and realize I'm a pretty decent guy, that becomes significantly less important to them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts