Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Good luck to you. Take care. Thanks for your contributions. Peace.

·
Yes
1,760 Posts
"I'm looking for a GABAergic drug to take PRN without causing long-term physical dependency and cognitive problems"

at this moment in time, that is an absolute contradiction

·
Registered
13 Posts
"I'm looking for a GABAergic drug to take PRN without causing long-term physical dependency and cognitive problems"

There was some speculation pagoclone, which is currently in clinical trials, may be a drug like that.

·
Registered
676 Posts
There is also α5IA which resembles a hope.

If α5IA became available, I will reconsider long-term benzodiazepine treatment.
That sounds pretty bad ***. You don't have any idea how close it is or isn't to 'marketing phase' (I will call it) do you?

·
Banned
217 Posts

I don't think so. I take ~1 MG of Klonopin on weekends if I am going to a sporting event, party, crowded public place, or just hanging out with people I don't know. It helps immensely. I've been doing this 1x a week for about 4 months now and I don't think I am dependent on the Klonopin because I do not get withdrawal side effects during the week, but then again I have not gone for more than 7 days between doses. That seems to me to be long enough to prove I am not dependent on Klonopin, but I do remember reading a personal experience in this forum some time back where the poster became dependent on Klonopin when taking ~2 MG on weekends only after taking it like this for over a year.

Diya, I have been down a similar road. I have found Nardil and Klonopin to be extremely effective for my SA, but they interfere too much with my work and lifestyle and they seem very risky as long term treatment options.

However, instead of quitting all meds, I have compromised. I take Klonopin PRN at 0.25 - 0.5 mg doses, and I take Paxil at 20 mg/day. I may actually go down to 10 mg/day of Paxil since 20 mg/day is making me tired at work. By itself, Paxil only takes the edge off for me, but this is enough to function well at work and it empowers me to live closer to how I want to live. My main hope is that it doesn't eventually poop out on me and/or cause horrible withdrawal. That is a risk. But for now, I'm okay taking it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts