Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you actually put your laptop on your lap, as opposed to another surface when working on it? I am kind of paranoid of the risk of cancer it may cause those organs on which it would be sitting.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I'm only using it on my lap till my new desk comes in next Tuesday. Other than that, I just use it on my lap in bed occasionally late at night when my back is hurting. I don't feel any risk or fear from that, but then again the only fear left in me is social fear.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I have similar concerns. There really is no telling what the long term effects of radiation from a laptop are yet since we're the first generation to do this but I think it's more of a worry for men since their, er, reproductive organs with that valuable DNA is more vulnerable. I remember seeing lead "cups" advertised for men who put laptops on their laps.

·
Registered
7,169 Posts
No I don't. I am usually sitting in my recliner, so I just set it on the arm of the chair.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
It can cause thrush....not just in females

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Doesn't it lower sperm count? Or is that mountain dew..:lol

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I bought a brand new tempered glass/stainless steel desk for laptop to sit on while I await my new desktop money to arrive :D I rarely use a laptop on my lap but could care less if i did. I already carry a genetic illness that I would never want to reproduce anyways and since sperm count is NOT semen count, it has nothing to do with orgasms or ejaculation ability, it just makes it safer for me by lowering my chances to ever impregnate anyone lol!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I always used to put my laptop on my lap, until I heard about the risk of cancer from a few reliable sources. Though it may only have a very slight effect, I'd rather be safe than sorry. I also try to keep my cell phone out of my front pocket for the same reasons, maybe Im being a little paranoid here but I know intelligent people who do the same.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts