Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
A little too hollywood for my tastes, lacked the claustrophobic atmosphere of the originals, and the acting cast was a mixed bag.

It also wasn't horrorific in the slighest, heck at the end you almost feel sorry for the zombies, what in the hell ? :lol

Romero dumbed himself down, not sure why...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cryptolysergick said:
This sounds liek the worse thing ive heard since the penis flashing in Romero's Bruiser. I guess we'll never see another Day Of The Dead. :(
Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyble film. I liked the post apocalyptic feel and there were a few funny moments (anything with Dennis hopper in it it's bound to be funny at one point ;) ), but this is the problem, there was nothing funny in the originals.

The old deads were pure horror and psycological drama, this film it's a cool summer flick, nothing more...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stargazer said:
Cryptolysergick said:
This sounds liek the worse thing ive heard since the penis flashing in Romero's Bruiser. I guess we'll never see another Day Of The Dead. :(
Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyble film. I liked the post apocalyptic feel and there were a few funny moments (anything with Dennis hopper in it it's bound to be funny at one point ;) ), but this is the problem, there was nothing funny in the originals.

The old deads were pure horror and psycological drama, this film it's a cool summer flick, nothing more...
I agree on the Dennis Hopper thing. Ever seen Texas Chainsaw 2? The begginingw as funny and he wasnt even in that part!

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
The original Dawn of the Dead is by far my favorite....The ads for the new movie have not excited me....I never really cared for Day of the Dead....
I thought the first half of 28 Days Later was very good, and enjoyed the remake of Dawn of the Dead.....Along with the Thing, Invasion of the Body Snatchers etc.The Omega Man with Charlton Heston is very interesting....How do you deal with the isolation as one of the last survivors of humanity? I am always fascinated by such Doomsday movies and wonder what I would do in a similar situation....Getting to an island or remote area would be best, avoiding urban areas etc.Or lese holding up in a fortress-like structure with no windows....What would the White House and military being doing in such a situation....The President is certainly going to be airlifted out to a secure location, military bases would be defensible etc...As would remote areas where there are no neigbors for 20 miles, places protected by mountains, rivers etc...Hawaii would probably survive....Naval units, people with boats, helicopters etc.Priorities would be weapons, food, water, communications, and a strong place to hold up in....Defending oneself from zombies, but especially other marauding humans....Food, power, water, and more ammunition as time went by would be paramount.....The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks is very funny and informative....With tips for surviving in a world of the Dead.... :lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
I liked it. Not as good as the original dawn of the dead or night of the living dead, but it is way better than day of the dead, and it puts most modern zombie movies to shame.

The acting wasn't always great, but it has everything you could want in a zombie movie, and more depth than your average horror film.

Plus slow zombies are just scarier.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I'm too much of a thinker to really get the most out of zombie flicks...

I always wondered why only humans get to be zombies (and dogs, too, in Resident Evil)... why not also, say, mosquitos?

Worse, I think about the science behind zombies.... humans are able to walk around because were basically a fleshy machine... parts working together that make things happen. What is it that enables a zombie to move at all?

(I did see the movie and thought it was entertaining, albeit shallow and predictable.)

-Ryan

·
Banned
11,364 Posts
I saw most of Land of the Dead, and wasn't impressed by it....It doesn't appear like a lot of effort went into the script or making of the movie....It looked like Romero justed wanted to cash in on the "Dead" name and make a few bucks....I wasn't impressed by Day of the Dead either....Night and Dawn of the Dead were light years better than the last two, as were 28 Days Later, and the remake of Dawn of the Dead....I would have been annoyed if I had actually paid money to see this movie...
It had maybe 5 minutes of good writing in it, the rest of the movie could have come from a TV show hack who wrote episodes for the A-Team and Knight Rider....That this movie got 3 star reviews from many of the critics just shows that they don't know **** about zombie, and horror movies....
The characters and plot were superficial, I have seen TV movies with more depth, creativity, and imagination in them....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.